CLAT 2020 Exam rescheduled to be held on September 7
The Consortium of National Law Universities has rescheduled CLAT 2020 for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses to September 7, 2020. The decision was taken at the general body meeting of the consortium due to the COVID 19 pandemic. Initially, the CLAT 2020 examination was scheduled to be held on May 10, 2020, which was postponed till May 24, 2020. The exams got further delayed until June 21 and again rescheduled to be conducted on August 22, 2020.
The official notification reads, “The CLAT 2020 examination for both UG and PG candidates will be held on 7th September 2020 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM.”
The CLAT 2020 exam will be conducted through a centre-based online test. The admit cards of candidates shall be considered as Movement Passes by local authorities to allow candidates to move between Containment zones and travel to their designated examination centre. The admit card will be available for download on the official website two weeks prior to exam.
Important Instructions for candidates:
- No candidate shall be allowed to enter any examination centre without a mask.
- The Consortium will review centre locations on an ongoing basis to ensure that students and staff are protected at all times.
- All candidates with temperature > 99.14 will be directed to the isolation lab for taking the examination.
- In case of candidate with scribe, both the candidate and the scribe must bring their own N95 mask
- Candidates will be permitted to carry following items with them into the venue:
- Personal transparent water bottle
- Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- A simple pen
- Exam related documents (Admit Card, ID card, etc.)
CLAT 2020 for UG programs will carry 150 multiple-choice questions of one mark each. The exam for PG courses will have 120 MCQs carrying one mark each. There will be negative marking also. One-fourth marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.