|PhD Buzz: Join the VIP Club for Instant Updates on Admissions and Entrance Exams!|
Indira Gandhi National Open University announces Entrance Test for Admission to PhD Program for Session 2023, Apply Now
IGNOU PhD Admission 2023 – Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) invites application for admission to various PhD program through Entrance test for the academic session commencing in January 2023
IGNOU PhD Admission 2023
PhD Courses Offered at IGNOU
- PhD in Sociology
- PhD in History
- PhD in Library & Information Science
- PhD in Psychology
- PhD in Journalism and Mass Communication
- PhD in Theatre Arts
- PhD in Fine Arts
- PhD in Dance
- PhD Commerce
- PhD Management
- PhD Education
- PhD in Gender & Development Studies
- PhD Interdisciplinary and Trans-disciplinary Studies
- PhD in Dairy Science and Technology
- PhD in Development Studies
- PhD (Tourism and Hospitality Service Management)
- PhD Computer Science
- PhD Nursing
- PhD in French
- PhD in Vocational Education and Training
- PhD in Child Development
- PhD in Home Science
- PhD in Rural Development
- PhD in Social Work
- Last date for submission of Online Application Form :
20th December 2022extended up to 25th December 2022
- Date of Examination: To be announced later
- Declaration of Result : To be announced later
- Schedule for Interview & Final Selection: To be announced
- The eligibility criteria for admission to Ph.D Programme are as follows:
- Possesses Master’s Degree from a University recognized by UGC or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in such fields of study as are notified for the purpose from time to time by the University with at least 55% marks [50% marks in the case of SC, ST, OBC (Non Creamy Layer), EWS / Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time.*
- See the Information Brochure for further details.
- Candidates can apply online at https://ignouphd.samarth.edu.in/. Candidates can follow the below-mentioned step to fill the IGNOU application form
General Instructions for submitting Online Application
- You need to register first, before filling out the online entrance application form.
- The following instructions need to be followed for Registration in the beginning.
- Click on the button NEW REGISTRATION that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Fill in the UserName and password in the appropriate columns correctly.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be in between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- If you have already registered i.e you are an existing user click the “LOGIN” button.
- Before proceeding for filling the online application form, you must have the following:-
- Scanned passport size Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Fee can be paid by following methods:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)/Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)/ Net Banking
- Note:It is suggested to scan documents from your originals. Once you have uploaded the document, click the next button you will get the further information related to online application which you need to fill up.
- After the final submission of the online application form, download the filled in application form, take the printout and enclose the hardcopies/photocopies of all the documents and certificates as mentioned in the student handbook and prospectus to be submitted during counseling for final admission.
Application Fee (Non-refundable)
- Application Fee : Rs.1000/-
Stage 1 – Entrance Test
- The Entrance Test will be conducted by the University across the country. The list of eligible candidates to appear for the Entrance Test will be displayed on IGNOU website.
- No separate communication shall be sent to candidates in this regard.
- Hall Tickets enabling the candidates to take the Entrance Test will also be displayed on IGNOU website. Candidates are required to download and print the same to appear in the Entrance Test.
- Candidates are required to bring with them an original identity proof having photograph, such as Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, Driving License, Passport and ID Card issued by Govt. Agencies.
- Those who secure at least 50% marks in the Entrance Test (45% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy layers) / Differently abled persons, EWS and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time will be shortlisted for the interview in order of merit subject to the maximum limit of five times of the available seats.
Stage 2 – Interview/Presentation
- Short-listed Candidates in the Entrance Test will be called for an interview/presentation of Synopsis before the Discipline specific Doctoral Research Committee.
- Offer letters for admission will be sent to the Selected Candidates only.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website
- PhD Admission 2023
- Latest Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notifications 2023
- IGNOU Admission 2023 Application Form, Dates, Courses