SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2022, Apply for Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Post
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2022 – Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the Notification for Stenographer Grade C & D 2022 Post. Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website on or before 05th September 2022.
- Dates for submission of online applications : 20th August 2022 to 05th September 2022
- Last date and time for receipt of online applications : 05th September 2022 (2300 hours)
- Last date and time for generation of offline Challan : 05th September 2022 (2300 hours)
- Last date and time for making online fee payment : 06th September 2022 (2300 hours)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank) : 06th September 2022
- Date of ‘Window for Application Form Correction’ and online payment of Correction Charges. : 07th September 2022 (2300 hours)
- Schedule of Computer Based Examination : November, 2022
- A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
- Stenographer Grade ‘C’: 18 to 30 years as on 01.01.2022, i.e., candidates born not before 02.01.1992 and not later than 01.01.2004 are eligible to apply.
- Stenographer Grade ‘D’: 18 to 27 years as on 01.01.2022, i.e., Candidates born not before 02.01.1995 and not later than 01.01.2004 are eligible to apply.
- Permissible relaxation in upper age limit as specified in Para-5 (a) and 5 (b) above and category codes for claiming age relaxation are as follows:
- Age Relaxation Extra as per Staff Selection Commission SSC Stenographer Examination Rules.
Essential Educational Qualifications (As on 05.09.2022):
- Candidates must have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- Applications are required to be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in.
- Candidates read instructions carefully before applying.
- Sample proforma of One-time Registration and online Application Forms are attached as Annexure-IIIA and Annexure-IVA.
- Last date and time for submission of online applications is 05.09.2022 (2300 hours).
- General / OBC / EWS : 100/-
- SC / ST : 0/- (Nil)
- All Category Female : 0/- (Exempted)
- Pay the Exam Fee Through Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking or E Challan Offline Fee Mode Only
- Applicants will be called for the SSC Steno Computer Based Test. On the basis of their performance in the Online Test, a merit list will be prepared for the skill test.
- All those candidates who qualify in the skill test will be recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of total marks in the Computer Based Examination.
- The details of the Computer Based Examination are mentioned below:
- Duration : 2 Hours
- Question paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice only.
- The questions will be set both in English & Hindi.
- Part I : General Intelligence & Reasoning – 50 Questions
- Part II : General Awareness – 50 Questions
- Part III : English Language and Comprehension – 100 Questions
- Mark marking : 1 marks for each correct answer
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer
Skill Test in Stenography
- The candidates who are shortlisted in the Computer Based Examination will be required to appear in the Skill Test for Stenography.
- The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English or Hindi (as opted by the candidates in the online Application Form) at the speed of 100 words per minute (w.p.m.) for the post of Stenographer Grade „C‟ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter will have to be transcribed on the computer.
For more details and apply please visit official website and read full notification