Top Project Management Courses in India – Project Management is the application of processes, methods, skills, tools, knowledge, techniques, and experience to project activities to meet the project requirements. The deliveries of the project management are constrained to a finite timescale and budget. This factor distinguishes it from just “management” which is an on-going project.
Project management brings a unique focus shaped by the goals, schedule, and resources of each project. Thus, to meet the deadlines, a project professional needs a lot of knowledge and skills.
Table of Content:
- Best Project Management Courses in India
- Best Institutes for Project Management
- Best Online Courses for Project Management
- Scope of PMP Certification in India
- PMP Certification Cost in India
- Skills required to pass the PMP exam
Top 5 groups of Project Management Processes which are as follows
- Monitoring & Controlling
Project Management Knowledge draws on ten areas, as follows:
- Risk Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Human Resources.
Now as you have a fair idea of what Project Management is, let us have a look at the Project Management courses in India
Best Project Management Courses in India
1. Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Project Management
The PGD in Project Management is a one-year course where the students are taught about the concepts and approaches related to Project Management.
Eligibility criteria for Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Project Management:
- The candidate should have completed 10+2 with commerce.
- Should hold a Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Engineering/Technology/Architecture with a minimum of 2 years of work experience OR
- Should hold a Diploma in any branch of Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Planning with a minimum of 4 years of work experience OR
- Should have a Bachelor’s degree in any non-engineering discipline with 3 years of work experience.
2. Certificate in Project Management
This is a short-term course generally of 6 months where the candidates learn about the planning and execution of projects. They are given insight into the ways by which the project can be completed within a deadline and as per the client’s requirements.
Eligibility for Certificate in Project Management:
- The candidate should have completed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the examination
3. Master of Business Administration in Project Management
MBA in Project Management is a 2-year program that educates about efficient working and increasing profits in the world of business. The candidates need to appear for Management entrance tests and choose Project management as per their specialization. The exams are CAT, MAT, XAT, ATMA, and MAH-CET.
Eligibility for Master of Business Administration in Project Management:
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any equivalent degree from a recognized university.
- Should have secured a minimum of 45% marks in graduation.
Now, we have compiled a list of Top institutes to pursue a course in Project Management in India.
Best Institutes for Project Management
1. L & T Institute of Project Management (L&T, IPM), Vadodara/Chennai
This institute was first opened in Vadodara in the year 2008 for creating excellence in project management and has emerged as one of the best centers to pursue the Project Management course. To cater to the increase in the demand, a second campus was established in Chennai in 2011.
Various Programmes offered by L&T IPM:
i) Flagship Programmes:
L1: PG Certificate of Master’s Programme in Business and Project Management
L2: Senior Management Programme on Project Management
L3: International Project and Programme Management
ii) Executive Post Graduate Programmes
EPGP – QSS Programme
EPGP – EICM Programme
iii) Role-Based Programmes
Adaptation Programme in Quantity Surveying (APQS)
iv) Customized Programmes
Specific Competency Development Modules
Project Management Software
Risk Management Tools
Project Management Certifications
Project Management Professional (PMP) ®
Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering
Introduction to Project Management (L0)
Project Management Professional (PMP) ® Supplement
2. National Institute of Construction Management & Research (NICMAR), Pune
NICMAR is a non-profit organization established for the promotion of training, research, and skill formation of project management. The course offered is a Post Graduate Program in Project Engineering and Management which is a full-time residential program for degree-holders.
Course Offered –
PGP PEM: Post Graduate Programme in Project Engineering and Management
3. National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai
NITIE was founded with the main motive to establish the Indian business at a global level. It offers the PGDPM program which focuses on Functional Development, Skill Development, and Perspective Development which is necessary for the successful execution of projects.
Career opportunities are bright in industries like Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Construction, Finance & Insurance, Utilities, Information Services, and Business Services.
Course Offered: PGDPM Program
4. RICS School of Built Environment (RICS SBE), Amity University/Noida/Mumbai
RICS SBE is a newly established college for project management in the year 2013. It has campuses in Amity University, Noida, and Mumbai, It aims in giving the society industry-ready professionals.
MBA in Construction Project Management.
5. S.P.Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
It is one of the most leading management schools in India. It has made its entry into the field of project management in the year 2000. It has been ranked consistently amongst the top 10 Indian management institutes.
Post Graduate Certification in Advanced Project Management
PMP Certification Exam Preparatory Program
Agile Project Management Preparatory Course for PMI-ACP.
6. SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur, Tamil Nadu
It was formerly known as SRM University and is one of the best Universities in India. It offers the project management course which is one of the most budding fields today. The PM course prepares students for problem-solving and decision-making tasks in management and for technological positions in industrial engineering technology areas such as production planning and control, work methods analysis and work measurement, quality assurance and control, cost analysis, and systems and procedures analysis.
MBA in Project Management
It is one of the top educational institutes in India founded in the year 1983. The institute offers distance education programs in Project management also.
MBA-Construction & Project Management (Regular)
Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Project (Distance Education)
8. Dr. D.Y.Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune (Distance Education)
The Institute of Distance Education is the 8th institution under Dr. D.Y.Patil Vidyappeth, Pune. It has been established keeping in mind the needs of the modern learning community so that they can be equipped with the requisite knowledge and skills that are demanded by the industry today. Course Materials provided by IDL are authored by eminent personalities, industry experts and renowned academicians and are updated regularly.
MBA- Project Management.
9. Sikkim Manipal University, East Sikkim (Distance Mode)
This is the best university for distance learning. It offers courses that ensure international standards. A Master of Business Administration Distance Education from SMU-DE ensures that you can continue upgrading your skillset without worrying about attending regular classes. You can study at your own pace without compromising on quality education for the big stage in your professional career.
MBA Project Management (distance-learning).
10. University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun
The Centre for Continuing Education, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun was established in the year 2007 and is a center of excellence in imparting quality education. The programs are approved by UGC and offered in distance learning mode; they focus on industry domains that are high in growth and provide immense opportunities to the graduates working in these domains.
The certificate program in Project Management.
Best Online Courses for Project Management
There are many online courses for project management and it becomes difficult to select the best one which can be managed easily along with doing a full-time job. Following are some best online courses:
- Alison: Diploma in Project Management
It is a free learning platform and the diploma offered is beneficial for professionals who are starting out in project management or already working as project managers. The course duration is 6-10 hours and there are 27 modules in the course. To earn the diploma degree, the candidate has to acquire 80% or above, in each module assessment.
- Brain Sensei: Complete PMP Exam Prep Course
Brain Sensei is an e-learning company that offers project management and PMP exam preparation courses. It is for experienced corporate professionals who want to move ahead in their careers as project managers. There are 8 modules in the course and the duration is 6 months. Students have multiple assessments in each module and over 900 practice exam questions. The price for the course is $499.99 for six months.
- Coursera: Applied Project Management Course
Coursera is an online platform that offers a six months Applied Project Management Certificate Course. It is suitable for project managers with three to five years of experience. The course is offered by the University of California, Irvine and has four modules. The student must complete the course with a minimum of a “C” grade. The course fee is $777 for each module.
- Master of Project Academy: Bundled Course
Master of Project Academy is an e-learning company and offers special training on Microsoft projects and PMP exams. The course offers PMP certification training, Agile Scum certification course, CAPM certification training, ITIL Foundation certification training, Microsoft project training, etc. The course duration varies for each course. Students get a certificate of completion for each course that they complete. There are three types of subscription: monthly ($97), annual ($670), and lifetime ($970).
- Project Management Institute: Project Management Basics
It is a not-for-profit association for project and program managers. Project Management Basics is an online course that is suitable for professionals who want to be accredited as project managers. The course duration is 23 hours. Students can prepare for the CAPM exam with practice questions and can track their progress using a free-tool. The course fee for non-members is $400 and for members, it is $350.
Scope of PMP Certification in India
Project Management Professional (PMP) is a project management certification course. PMP Certification can have a bright future and is a boon for working professionals. It is ideal for professionals working in the project management sector as a project engineer and assistant manager. It is also beneficial for candidates who want to build a career in the project management sector.
It helps in securing a career and future in higher positions. It helps in getting a high-paying job in a reputed corporate sector. Having specialized in a particular field increases the chances of getting the desired job in the area of interest. There is a good salary increment if the person has a PMP certificate as they are much more knowledgable and confident in handling critical conditions. Employers looking for project managers give preference to a candidate who has this certificate.
PMP Certification Cost in India
There are various costs involved in getting a PMP certificate that are:
- Cost of PMI Membership: The annual cost for PMI membership is $129. This is optional but candidates save about $150 on certification fees if they are a member of PMI.
- Cost of the PMP Certification Exam: The exam cost is $405 for PMI members and $555 for a non-member. If the exam is not cleared in the first attempt, the cost of re-appearing in the exam is $275 for members and $375 for non-members.
- Cost of PMP Certification Exam Training: The cost of training varies from country to country and whether the training in online or classroom-based. The classroom-based training is more preferable and the fees vary from Rs.10,000 to Rs.15,000.
Thus the cost for PMP Certification varies according to institute and it may be approximately Rs.50,000 with examination and preparation fees.
Skills required to pass the PMP exam
Hard work and thorough knowledge of the subject is the key to pass any examination. For PMP exams, one should have
- Project Management Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Project Management Principles
- A solid plan to study for the exams and stick to the schedule
- A PMP-exam taking strategy.
One who possesses all this is sure to clear the exam in a single attempt.
Project Management is a rapidly growing course with many candidates applying for it. It has a great demand due to the job security which has been provided after doing this course. All projects need experienced and knowledgable professionals who are able to manage the projects efficiently and deliver them on time. Thus, there is a lot of value in the Project Management Courses.