Punjab Public Service Commission releases Recruitment Notification for 253 Junior Engineer Posts, Apply Online
PPSC Junior Engineer Recruitment 2021 – Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has invited online applications for the recruitment of 125 Junior Engineer (Civil) in the Department of Rural Development and Panchayat
The online application for the same can be submitted on or before April 20, 2021. Candidates can check out the post below for details including eligibility criteria, qualification, age limit, salary, application process and more oon PPSC JE Recruitment 2021.
- Origination Name: Punjab Public Service Commission
- Name of Post: Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical)
- No. of Vacancy: 127 Posts
PPSC JE Recruitment 2021 Important Dates
- Date of Notification Publication: 30th March 2021
- Online Application Starts: 30th March 2021
- Last Date to Apply Online: 20th April 2021
- Last Date to pay fees: 27th April 2021
- Admit Card Release Date: To Be Notified Later
- Written Exam Date: May 2021 (tentative)
- Result Release Date: To Be Notified Later
|Name of Category||No. of Posts||Reserved for Women|
|General( Economically Weaker Section), Punjab||10||03|
|ESM/ LDESM Punjab||18||09|
|Freedom Fighter, Punjab||02||01|
|Sports Person, Punjab||05||01|
|Persons with Disability, Punjab Hard of Hearing Locomotive Disability (One Leg, One Arms)||02 02||01 01|
|Scheduled Castes Other, Punjab||10||04|
|Scheduled Castes ESM/LDESM, Punjab||05||01|
|Scheduled Castes Sports Persons Punjab||01|
|Balmiki/ Mazbhi Sikhs, Punjab||10||04|
|Balmiki/ Mazhbi Sikh ESM/ LDESM, Punjab||05||01|
|Balmiki/ Mazbhi Sikh Sports Persons Punjab||02||—|
|Backward Classes, Punjab||10||04|
|Backward Classes ESM/ LDESM, Punjab||04||01|
Eligibility Criteria for PPSC JE Recruitment 2021
- A candidate shall be a:
- Citizen of India; or
- Citizen of Nepal; or
- Subject of Bhutan; or
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the Ist January. 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India; or.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar) Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India;
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of Punjab in the Department of Home Affairs and Justice.
Educational Qualification for Junior Engineers (Civil)
- Should possess Diploma in Civil Engineering of the State Board of Technical Education or it is equivalent or any other equivalent/higher qualification recognized by the Govt
- Punjabi of Matric or its equivalent Standard.
- Provided further that where a ward of Defence Service Personnel, who is a bonafide resident of Punjab State, is appointed by direct appointment, he shall have to pass an exam of Punjabi Language equivalent to Matriculation Standard or he shall have to qualify a test conducted by the Language Wing of the Department of Education of Punjab Government within a period of two years from the date of his appointment
- Candidates should not be below 18 years and above 37 years of age as on 01.01.2021
- The Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 42 years for SC/BC of Punjab.
- Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 45 years for Punjab Govt. and its Board/Corporation/Commission and Authorities employees, all States/ Central Government employees.
- Ex-servicemen of Punjab Domicile shall be allowed to deduct the period of his service in the Armed Forces of Union from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for direct appointment to such a vacancy in the Service Rules concerned by more than three years, he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
- Upper age limit is also relaxable up to 42 years for Widows, Divorcees and certain other Categories of Women.
- Upper age limit is also relaxed upto 47 years for Persons with Disability of Punjab.
PPSC JE Recruitment 2021 Application Process
- The candidates can ONLY apply by filling Online Application Form, a link of which is available on the website of the Commission http://ppsc.gov.in
- No other mode of application will be accepted
- The candidates are NOT REQUIRED to send the Hard Copy of the Online Application Form to the Office of Punjab Public Service Commission
- However, the candidates must take out the hard copy in soft form or print out at the time of applying otherwise he/she will not be able to take out the copy at the later stage. He/she must retain the hard/soft copy of online application form along with all eligibility documents ready to be sent at a short notice to PPSC whenever required by PPSC.
Application & Exam Fee
- The candidates are required to pay the Application fee as per Govt. Letter No. 10/20/2007 3PP3/97751/1 dated 17-9-2013 as mentioned below:
- For SC/ ST of All States & BC of Punjab: Rs. 1125/- (Application Fee + Exam Fee)
- For Ex-Servicemen of Punjab: Rs. 500/- (No Exam Fee)
- For All Others Categories: Rs. 3000/- (Application Fee + Exam Fee)
- For PWD, Punjab: Rs.1750/- (Application Fee + Exam Fee)
- Payment Mode: Through any Branch of State Bank of India Only
- Application fee MUST be submitted through any Branch of State Bank of India only
- The written competitive exam for the post will be scheduled tentatively in end of MAY 2021
- The procedure for Competitive Exam for selection of candidates for the post of 125 posts of Junior Engineers (Civil) in Punjab Rural Development & Panchayat, Punjab is in following sequence:
- Total Marks for Competitive Examination – 300
- The pattern for written exam comprising of 120 questions (@ 2.5 marks for each question and Time allotted (2 Hours) would be as below:
- Questions from the Subject (Syllabus of Subject is attached as ANNEXURE-A) – 100 & 250 marks
- Questions from Logical Reasoning, Mental ability and General Knowledge – 20 & 50 marks
- There will be negative marking (0.5 marks for each question) in the written examination for questions wrongly answered.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website