Here, we are going to discuss how to score 95% marks in CBSE Class 10 Social Studies examination. If you are not happy with your marks or want to score maximum marks, you should follow these instructions.
The topics that we are going to cover are 3 P’s which are as follows:
- Preparation tips
- Presentation tips
- Priority tips
Let us discuss these in detail one by one.
1. You need to ‘divide and conquer’. This means that study in groups or group study.
Let us suppose you are perfect in civics and your friend is perfect in History. So, to learn in a better way, you need to help your friend in civics and your friend will obviously help you in studying history. Group study has a lot of advantages like, while you are helping your friend in study, your chapters get revised and you take less time to go through it again. Also, you can use the rest of the time or more time to concentrate on your weaker topics. Also, group study is very interesting and this will not put you to sleep while studying. This will help you maximize your score.
2. The second preparation tip is remembering headings by making tricks. Sometimes there are a lot of headings and subheadings in various questions.
For these questions what we need to do is that we need to make tricks of headings. Let us take an example-
Here are different categories of species of animals-
It is very difficult to learn these different species and sometimes we forget the name of any one out of them. To attempt it in a better way, we can make a trick.
For this, the trick is E3NVR. E3 stands for Endangered, Endemic, Extinct, N stands for Normal, V for Vulnerable and R for Rare. By doing this we never ever forget any of the species.
3. The third tip is to go through the previous year question papers.
This is the very important tip as it is helpful in knowing the type of question along with their marks that will come in the CBSE Class 10 Social studies exam. Also, we know that most of the previous year questions are repeated. By going through the previous year papers, you can score full marks.
4. The fourth tip is that never forget to cover Map Work as it is very helpful in scoring maximum marks.
Map work is helpful is maximizing marks in a very short span of time.
5. The fifth tip is that you need to make notes for revision especially in history.
You can also make points in your notebook to revise thoroughly as this will help save time.
6. You should not restrict yourself to the CBSE Class 10 NCERT book for Social studies.
Sometimes, we do face difficulty in learning questions from NCERT book. In that case, we need to follow other books or notes from which we can learn easily. You can also take the help of online search engines for resolving your problems. For example, if you want to learn French revolution, you can Google it – “what is French revolution?” Then you can divide into subheadings like what are the causes of French revolution, what are the purposes of French revolution, and outcomes of French revolution. By Googling it, you can easily come to know about French revolution or we can say that it creates a clear image in your mind about what the French revolution was. After reading it on Google, you need to read the book. This will create a clear picture in your mind regarding the topic of French revolution.
These all are presentation tips. By following these tips one can get highest marks.
It is very obvious that if you attempt your paper in a very good way, your examiner will definitely get impressed and give you maximum marks. So, to get full marks in the CBSE Class 10 Social Studies examination, you need to follow the following instructions.
1. The first tip is to write the answer in points. Rather than writing in paragraphs you should prefer points. This will make your paper more attractive and you will definitely score maximum marks.
For example: A resource is any physical material constituting part of the earth that people need and value. Natural materials become resources when humans value them. The uses and values of resources change from culture to culture and from time to time. To make your paper more attractive, you need to write it as follows:
- A resource is any physical material constituting part of earth that people need and value.
- Natural materials become resources when humans value them.
- The uses and values of resources change from culture to culture and from time to time.
If you will write the answer in bullet or point format and highlight the important words (which can be done by underlining using a pencil), you will definitely score full marks.
2. The second tip is to make block diagrams and tables, especially in geography.
For example, to attempt a question on what are biotic and abiotic resources, rather than writing a paragraph, put the answer in a table which gives a clearer answer and outs a good impression on the examiner. This will help you get maximum marks.
|Resources (basis of origin)|
|Abiotic resources||Biotic resources|
|Things composed of non-living things.||Obtained from biosphere and have life.|
|For example: Rocks and Metals.||For example: Human beings, flora, fauna, fisheries livestock etc.|
By making block diagrams you paper will be more attractive and this will attract your examiner and you will get good marks. Block diagrams is also helpful in cases when you have less time, and many questions are left. In those cases, you can make block diagrams quickly and cover all questions in lesser time.
3. The third tip for maximizing your score in CBSE Class 10 Social Studies examination is to divide your answer into subheadings.
For example: if a question is asked in CBSE Class 10 Social Studies examination regarding French revolution, you can write the subheadings like introduction, causes of French revolution, purposes of French revolution, and outcomes of French revolution.
4. The fourth tip is to highlight important things by underlining with a pencil. This helps the examiner know that you have covered all the important points.
When we see the examination paper, we get scared initially. Instead of fear, you need to take a deep breath and remain calm.
The suggested sequence to attempt questions is to start your paper with very short answers like 1 mark questions, then you need to move to long answers which carry 5 marks each and are time consuming. Then you need to attempt short answers of 3 marks weightage quickly. At last, you should attempt map work.