Check the post and video on How to apply for CTET exam 2018
How to Apply ?
Please see the video to know about the application procedure for CTET 2018 Examination
CTET 2018 Application process
- Online Application has to be submitted by accessing the following CTET website www.ctet.nic.in
- The detailed Information Bulletin containing details of examination, syllabus, eligibility criteria, examination fee, exam cities and important dates will be available on CTET official website www.ctet.nic.in w.e.f. 1st August 2018
- Please read the Information Bulletin of CTET 2018 carefully before you start filling the Online Application Form
Method of Submission of Online Application Form:
- STEP 1: Log on to CTET official website www.ctet.nic.in.
- STEP 2: Go to the link “Apply Online” and open the same.
- STEP 3: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down Registration No./Application No.
- STEP 4: Upload Scanned Images of latest Photograph and Signature
- STEP 5: Pay examination Fee by e-challan or debit/credit card
- STEP 6: Print Confirmation page for record and future reference.
- Authentication Form: Fill details like State, Identification type (select any Identity as applicable), Candidate’s Name, and Date of Birth and Gender.
- Fill Online Application Form: Fill complete online Application Form and choose password. After submission, a Registration Number/Application Number gets generated.
- Note down the Registration No./Application No. For subsequent login, system generated
- Registration No. /Application No. and chosen Password will be used.
- Password Policy will be as follows:
1. Password must be 8 to 13 characters long.
2. Password must have at least one Upper case, one lower case alphabet and one numeric value and at least one special characters!@#$%^&*-
3. Candidate can change the passwords after login, if desired. New Password cannot be identical to any of the previous three passwords.
- Candidate is advised not to disclose or share the password with anybody. Neither CTET nor NIC will be responsible for violation or misuse of the password of a candidate.
- Candidate should log out at the end of their session so that the contents of the application cannot be tampered by unauthorized persons.
Online Uploading of Scanned Images:
- Uploading of scanned Photo and Signature are mandatory.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of scanned photograph should be between 10 to 100 KB
- Image Dimension of photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height).
- Size of scanned signature should be between 3 to 30 KB.
- Image Dimension of signature should be 3.5 cm (length) x 1.5 cm (height).
- The candidates are advised to keep the scanned images of latest photograph and signature of the candidates ready in JPG format and as per the size and dimension specified, before applying online.
- The scanned image of latest photograph is required to upload to avoid the inconvenience at centre, as this photograph will be matched with the actual candidate appearing in the examination
Exam Fees for CTET 2018
- For Only Paper-I or Paper-II: Rs.700/- (General/OBC) / Rs.350/- (SC/ST/Diff. Abled Person)
- For Paper-I and Paper-II (both): Rs.1200/- (General/OBC)/ Rs.600/- (SC/ST/Diff. Abled Person)
- The Banks will charge Service Charges and Service Taxes (if applicable) extra. The application fee can be submitted through Challan/Debit/Credit Card
Eligibility Criteria for CTET 2018
The candidates having the following minimum educational qualification are eligible for appearing in CTET
Minimum Educational Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V (Primary Stage):
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education or;
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education; or
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed); or
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education); or
- Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education
Minimum educational qualification for becoming Teacher for Classes VI-VIII (Elementary Stage):
- Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education; or
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed); or
- Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed); or
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed); or
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year B.A/B.Sc. Ed or B.A.-Ed/B.Sc.Ed; or Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed (Special Education)
- Candidates who are appearing in the final year of bachelor degree in education or Diploma in Elementary Education etc are provisionally admitted and their CTET certificate shall be valid only on passing the aforesaid examinations
- The candidate not having any of the above qualification shall not be eligible for appearing in Central Teacher Eligibility Test
- The candidate should satisfy his/her eligibility before applying and shall be personally responsible in case he/she is not eligible to apply as per the given eligibility criteria