Southern Railway Recruitment 2019 Apply for 2609 Apprentice Posts
Southern Railway Recruitment 2019 for Apprentice Post – Southern Railway has released a notification for the recruitment of Apprentice vacancies.
All interested & eligible applicants can apply online from 13th January 2019. Candidates are requested to read the notification carefully like age limit, educational qualification, selection process, application fee & how to apply are as given below.
Southern Railway Recruitment 2019 Vacancy Details
- Online applications are invited from the eligible candidates to “Workshop Personnel Officer, S&T Workshop, Southern Railway, Podanur-641023” for engagement as Trade/Act Apprentices under Apprentice Act 1961 for the year 2018-19 in various units of Southern Railway in the stream of Freshers and Ex. ITI in the designated trades subject to their fulfilling the conditions specified herein.
- Name of the Post & Vacancies: Apprentice
- Total No. of Vacancies: 2609 Posts
- Job location: Chennai
Eligibility Criteria for Southern Railway Recruitment 2019
- Trade: Fitter, MLT (Radiology), Turner, Machinist, Welder, Electrician, Electronics Mechanic, Painter, Plumber, Welder (Gas & Electric), Electronics Information Technology, Electronics Mechanic, Instrument Mechanic, Advance Welder, Wireman.
- Minimum Academic /Technical Qualification: Must have passed a 10th class examination under 10 +2 system or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks in aggregate or; must have passed ITI Course in relevant trades from a recognized institution. Must have passed +2 with Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) for MLT Candidates.
- The Period of Apprenticeship & Stipend: Selected candidates will be engaged as apprentices and they will have to undergo apprenticeship training as prescribed under Apprenticeship Act & rules.
- Eligibility of Person with Disability Candidates: 3% of Act Apprentices to be trained are reserved for Person with Disability persons under the following physical standards as per the provisions of Schedule-II of Apprenticeship manual and Railway Board’s letter no. E(MPP)2003/6/14 dated:09/12/2003. Training in the Relevant Trade will subject to Permissible Disability.
- The candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should NOT have completed 22 /24 years for Freshers/Ex-ITI, MLT Respectively
- The upper age is relaxable by 3 Years for OBC candidates, 5 Years for SC/ST candidates and 10 Years for Persons with disability (PWD).
- The following criteria is prescribed for preparation of merit in the selection:
- Taking the average of the percentage marks obtained by the candidates in both Matriculation [with minimum 50% aggregate marks] and ITI examination giving equal weightage to both.
- Rs.100/-: Fee is to be paid through Online Mode. No fee is required to be paid by SC/ST/PH/Women candidates.
Period of Apprenticeship
- The period of apprenticeship and stipend. Selected candidates will be engaged as apprentices and they will have to undergo apprenticeship training as prescribed under Apprenticeship Act & rules.
Southern Railway Recruitment 2019 Application Process
- Candidates can submit their application ONLINE only on Website www.rrcmas.in
- Candidates can apply for only one Nodal Unit of Southern Railway. i.e. Signal & Telecommunication Workshop/Podanur or Central Workshop, Golden Rock or Carriage Works, Perambur. Date of Publication: 14th December 2018, Date of closing: 13th January 2019.
Southern Railway Recruitment 2019 Important Dates
- Application Start Date; 14th December 2018
- Last Date of Application: 13th January 2019
For more details like how to apply and selection procedure, got through the official notification