Indian Army Teacher Job Notification 2019 – 152 Vacancies
Indian Army Teacher Recruitment 2019 – Indian Army has issued a notification for recruitment to the post of Religious Teacher. Interested candidates can apply to the posts through the prescribed format on or before 29th October 2019.
- JCO – Religious Teacher RRT Courses
- Applications are invited from eligible male candidates for recruitment of Religious Teachers in Indian Army as Junior Commissioned Officers for RRT 88, 89 & 90 courses. Religious Teachers preach religious scriptures to troops and conduct various rituals at Regimental/Unit religious institutions.
See: Fresher Jobs 2019
- Pandit – 118 Posts
- Pandit (Gorkha) – 7 Posts
- Granthi – 9 Posts
- Maulvi (Sunni)– 9 Posts
- Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh – 1 Post
- Padre – 4 Posts
- Bodh Monk (Mahayana) for Ladakh Scouts – 4 Posts
- Teachers will get stipend up to Rs. 22000 – 40000 per month
See: Government Jobs – Sarkari Jobs 2019
- All the Eligibility Criteria will be common for In Service and Civil Candidates
- The age bracket in respect of Civilian and In-Service Candidates would not below 25 years of age and not above 34 years of age on 01st Oct 2020 (i.e. candidates born between 01 Oct 1986 and 30 Sep 1995 inclusive of both dates).
- The minimum educational qualification for appointment to this special list of Junior Commissioned Officers (Religious Teacher) will be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
- In addition, candidate must possess following qualification according to the religious denomination of the individual:
- Pandit and Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiment – Hindu candidates with Acharya in Sanskrit OR Shastri in Sanskrit with one-year diploma in “Karam Kand”
- Granthi – Sikh candidates with “Gyani” in Punjabi
- Maulvi and Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts – Muslim candidates with Maulvi Alim in Arabic or Adib Alim in Urdu
- Padre – Any person who have been ordained priesthood by the appropriate ecclesiastical authority and is still on the approved list of the local Bishop
- Bodh Monk (Mahayana) – Any person who have been ordained Monk/Buddhist Priest, by the Appropriate Authority. The term Appropriate Authority will mean Head Priest of the Monastery where the person has been initiated into priesthood
See: Indian Army Entrance Exams
- Candidates will be selected based on performance in
- Written Examination
- A candidate should have robust physique and mental health, chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cm expansion, should have normal hearing with each ear, should have sufficient number of natural teeth, i.e. 14 dental points with healthy gums
- Candidate should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins or piles.
Physical Standard and Fitness Test
- (i) For General – 160
- (ii) For Gorkhas & Ladakhi region candidates – 157
- (iii) Andaman & Nicobar Island, Lakshadweep Gp incl Minicoys – 155 (only Locals)
- (i) For General and Ladakhis – 50
- (ii) For Gorkha candidates – 48
Physical Fitness Test
- Candidates should be able to run 1600m in 08 Minutes
- Note: Provisions for extra time for 1.6 km run in Hilly Terrain Areas:
- (i) Between 5000 ft to 9000 ft – Additional 30 secs
- (ii) Between 9000 ft to 12000 ft – Additional 120 secs
- Candidates found eligible will be issued with Admit Card for initial screening which will include checking of original certificate, physical fitness test followed by medical exam at respective Headquarters Recruiting Zone/Regimental Centres concerned.
See: Indian Army TGC 2020 Notification
How to Apply?
- The recruitment will be carried out through all the Headquarters Recruiting Zones, Independent Recruiting Office (Delhi Cantt), GRD Kunraghat, Ladakh Scouts Regt Centre (Leh).
- Civil Candidates can appear for screening and written exam only in the Headquarter Recruiting Zone or Independent Recruiting Office (Delhi Cantt) covering their place of domicile
Submission of Application
- Applying for Pandit, Granthi, Padri, and Maulvi (Sunni) categories, applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Manual applications for these categories will be rejected (detailed instructions given in “Instructions for Online Application”)
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 30th September 2019 from 10:00 AM
- Closing Date to Apply Online: 29th October 2019 till 05:00 PM