Cochin Shipyard Ship Draftsman Trainee Recruitment 2019
Cochin Shipyard Recruitment 2019 for Ship Draftsman Trainee Posts – Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for recruitment into Cochin Shipyard as Ship Draftsman trainee for the year 2019.
Post and Seat Details:
- Ship Draftsman Trainee (Mechanical): 11 seats (2 UR, 6 SC, 2 ST, 1 EWS)
- Ship Draftsman Trainee (Electrical): 18 seats (6 UR, 5 OBC, 2 SC, 2 ST, 3 EWS)
Note: Out of above 29 seats, 2 seats for Mechanical and 3 seats for Electrical are earmarked for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD). The detailed physical requirements for the seats and categories identified are at clause V (b).
See: Government Jobs
- For Ship Draftsman Trainee (Mechanical): Pass in SSLC and Three year Diploma in Engineering in Mechanical discipline issued by a state board of technical education with 60% marks with flair for draftsmanship and proficiency in CAD.
- For Ship Draftsman Trainee (Electrical): Pass in SSLC and Three year Diploma in Engineering in Electrical discipline issued by a state board of technical education with 60% marks with flair for draftsmanship and proficiency in CAD.
Period of training & Stipend:
- a) The period of training shall be for two years. The period of training may be extended for a further period up to one year based on achievement of skill / proficiency in draftsmanship.
- b) The Ship Draftsman Trainees will be paid a consolidated stipend of ` 12600/-pm during the first year of training, ` 13800/-pm during the second year and compensation for extra hours of training limited to ` 4450/- pm. No other payment will be applicable.
- a) The upper age limit prescribed for the seats of Ship Draftsman Trainees shall be 25 years as on 20 December 2019. The upper age is relaxable by 10 years for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD).
- b) The upper age limit is relaxable by 3 years for OBC (Non Creamy Layer) candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates in seats reserved for them.
- c) Age relaxation of five years is applicable for candidates who have been domicile of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 as per Government of India guidelines.
See: Fresher Jobs 2020
Method of Selection
The selection process comprises of two phases, Phase I, consisting of an Objective type Online test (50 marks) and Phase II, consisting of a Practical Test (30 marks).
Phase I, the question paper for Objective type Online test consists of two parts- General (Part A) and Discipline related (Part B). Part A comprises of General Knowledge, General English, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. The pattern of the question paper, number of questions and allotment of marks is detailed under:
- General Knowledge- 5
- General English- 5
- Reasoning- 5
- Quantitative Aptitude- 5
- Discipline related-30
- Total no of questions for online test/ Max marks: 50
- Max Duration of online test: 60 minutes
*Each question carries one mark. There shall be no negative marks.
- Depending on the number of online applications received, the online test shall be held at various centres in Kochi/Kerala as decided by CSL.
- Based on the marks secured by the candidates in the Objective Type Online test, the candidates shall be short-listed for certificate verification in the ratio of 1:6,in the order of merit/reservation of seats. Candidates who successfully complete the certificate verification shall only be allowed to attend the Practical test. In case, same marks secured by more than one candidate, marks scored in the subject part of the Objective type Online test shall be considered as the basis of determining the order of merit list. In case of a tie thereafter, relative merit shall be decided based on seniority in age.
- CSL reserves the right to fix minimum marks for pass in the online test for the purpose of short listing candidates for the certificate verification. The marks secured by candidates in the Phase II (Practical Test) shall be converted into percentile marks.
Phase II: (Practical test), irrespective of the reservation category, at its sole discretion.
For Phase II (Practical test), candidates are required to prepare a drawing using CAD. Accordingly, weightages are assigned to following parameters for final selection
- Diploma Marks: 20 marks
- Objective type Online Test: 50 marks
- Practical Test: 30 marks
- Total: 100 marks
- Government of India Directives on reservation applicable for Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Other Backward Class (OBC)/ OBC (Minority)/ Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)/ Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) candidates shall apply.
- Application fee of ` 200/- (Non refundable, plus bank charges extra) should be remitted using the Online payment options (Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking) which can be accessed through our Online application facility from 07 December 2019 to 20 December 2019. No other mode of payment shall be accepted.
- Applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) need not pay application fee. They are exempted from payment of application fee.
See: Recruitment Exams 2019 for Govt Jobs, Banking, PSUs
How to Apply?
- Applicants should go through the User Manual and FAQ published in the link www.cochinshipyard.com (Careers Page) before filling the online application. The application consists of two phases – One time Registration and Submission of application against the seats applicable. Applicants should not submit more than one application. Application once submitted shall be final.
- Applicants meeting the notified requirements may do the One Time Registration in the SAP Online portal and submit their application. The facility to submit their application can be accessed through our website www.cochinshipyard.com (Careers Page) from 07 December 2019 to 20 December 2019. Application submitted direct or by any other mode shall not be accepted.
- Before filling up the online application, all certificates towards proof of age, educational qualification, experience, caste, disability etc and a recent passport size colour photograph shall be kept ready in the system for uploading to the SAP online application portal.
- Applicants should ensure that all certificates towards proof of age, educational qualification, experience, caste, disability etc and a recent passport size colour photograph are uploaded in the SAP online application portal, failing which their candidature shall not be considered and shall be rejected.