SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Recruitment 2019
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 – Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the SSC Stenographer Grade C & D 2019 notification on 20th September 2019 on its official website ssc.nic.in .Eligible candidate can apply online through the official website on or before 18th October 2019.
- The Staff Selection Commission will hold an Open Competitive Computer Based Exam for recruitment of Stenographer Grade "C" (Group "B" Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade "D" (Group "C") for various Ministries/Departments/Organizations in the Govt. of India.
- Only those candidates who have required skills in stenography are eligible to apply.
- Organization Name: Staff Selection Commission
- Examination Name: SSC Stenographer Exam
- Category: SSC Stenographer Recruitment
- Name of Posts: Steno Grade C & D
- Vacancies: To be updated soon
- Date for Submission of Online Applications: 20th September 2019 to 18th October 2019
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form: 18th October 2019 (17:00)
- Last Date for Making Online Fee Payment: 20th October 2019 (17:00)
- Last Date for Generation of Offline Challan: 20th October 2019 (17:00)
- Last Date for Payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 22nd October 2019
- Date of Computer Based Examination: 05th May 2020 to 07th May 2020
Nationality / Citizenship
- A candidate must be either: (a) a citizen of India, or (b) a subject of Nepal, or (c) a subject of Bhutan, or (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 01st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Exam, but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Govt. of India
- (a) Stenographer Grade “C": 18 to 30 years as on 01st January 2020
- (b) Stenographer Grade “D": 18 to 27 years as on 01st January 2020
- (c) Permissible relaxation in upper age limit as specified in Para-5 (a) and 5 (b) above and category codes for claiming age relaxation are as follows:
- Age-relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit
- SC/ ST – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- PwD (Unreserved) – 10 years
- PwD (OBC) – 13 years
- PwD (SC/ ST) – 15 years
- Ex-Servicemen (ESM) – 03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application.
- Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989 – 05 years
- Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof – 03 years
- Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST) – 08 years
Educational Qualification (As On 01.01.2020)
- Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent exam from a recognized Board or University.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10.6.2015 published in Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas /certificates including technical education degree/ diploma awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Govt. provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grant Commission
- All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for Document Verification will be required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates etc. for completion of Intermediate/ Higher Secondary/ 10+2/ Senior Secondary in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01st January 2019, failing which the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled by the Commission
- Candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying exam was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/ she has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the educational qualification
- Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications will require to be produced by the candidates at the time of Document Verification or as and when required by the Commission, indicating the Authority under which it has been so treated, in respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications
- Applicants will be called for SSC Steno Computer Based Test. On the basis of their performance in Online Test, merit list will be prepared for the skill test
- All those candidates who qualify in the skill test will be recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of total marks in the Computer Based Examination.
Scheme of Examination
- SSC Steno Online Test – SSC Steno will be of 2 hours and 200 marks in the following subjects:
No. of Questions
General Intelligence & Reasoning
English Language and Comprehension
- Question paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice only.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the question.
- Marks scored by candidates in Computer Based Exam will be normalized by using the formula published by the Commission through Notice No and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut-off marks.
- SSC steno skill test will be of qualifying nature and will be conducted on computer. There will be one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’.
- It will be organized at various sub-regional offices or to some various other centers.
- Candidates will be given one dictation for the time period of 10 minutes in Hindi as well as English at the speed of 100 words per minute.
- This criterion is for stenographer grade ‘C’ posts and for grade ‘D’ it is 80 words per minute.
See: Fresher Jobs 2019
- Admit card will be issued to the candidates by SSC only through online.
- All the registered candidates can avail the official site of SSC in which the direct link is provided to download the admit card before 15 days of the examination.
- Candidates are advised to regularly visit the websites of the Commission Headquarters (i.e. https://ssc.nic.in) and concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional office of the Commission i.e. the website of Regional/ Sub-Regional Office under whose jurisdiction the exam centres opted by the candidate is located
- Applications are required to be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in
- For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-III and Annexure-IV of this Notice.
- Deadline for submitting online/offline application form will be in 18th October 2019. Application fee amounts to Rs.100/- but it is exempted for reserved as well as for the female candidates.
- Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only)
- Fee can be paid through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card.
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with disability (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee
- The candidates up to 20th October 2019 (05.00 PM) can pay online fee. However, candidates who wish to make the payment through challan of SBI may make the payment at designated branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 22nd October 2019 provided the challan has been generated by them before 20th October 2019 (05.00 PM)
- Applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily rejected