CA CPT Exam Pattern
Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is conducted online as well as in paper pencil mode. Paper Pencil mode test is of 4 hours duration comprising of two sessions of 2 hours each with a break between two sessions. The test will comprise of objective type questions with negative marking for choosing wrong answers.
Read this article to know about CA CPT Exam Pattern. Also see the duration, marking scheme, marks distribution, no of questions, type of questions and topics covered in CA CPT Examination.
CA CPT Exam Pattern at a quick Glance
- The Common Proficiency Test (CPT) in Paper-Pencil Mode (PP Mode) will be held on 16th June 2019 in accordance with the existing scheme of education, training and exam of the Chartered Accountancy Course.
- It is a 4 hours duration test comprising two sessions of 2 hours each with a break between two sessions. Test will comprise objective type questions with negative marking for choosing wrong answers.
- In order to pass the CPT (Examination), a candidate is required to secure, at one sitting, a minimum of 30 percent marks in each Section and a minimum of 50 percent marks in the aggregate of all Sections, subject to the principle of negative marking, being 1/4 Mark (one fourth) for each wrong answer, as per Regulation 36A of CA Regulations, 1988.
- Common Proficiency Test will be of one paper of 200 marks and will consist of the following four sections:
First Session (Morning Session) 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM IST
- Section-A Fundamentals of Accounting
- Section-B Mercantile Laws
Second Session (Afternoon Session) 02.00 PM to 04.00 PM IST
- Section-C General Economics
- Section-D Quantitative Aptitude
- Section A - Fundamentals of Accounting - 60 Marks
- Section B - Mercantile Laws- 40 Marks
- Section C - General Economics - 50 Marks
- Section D - Quantitative Aptitude- 50 Marks
CA CPT 2019 Exam Centres
- The list of Cities where CPT will be held on 16th June 2019. Each candidate is expected to choose only one centre as his choice of exam centre. Candidates may note that the choice of centre once exercised is final and no request for change of exam centre will thereafter be entertained under any circumstances.
- The Chartered Accountants Exams in June - 2019 will be held in the following cities:
- Agra, Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Ajmer, Akola, Alappuzha, Aligarh, Allahabad, Alwar, Ambala, Amravati, Amritsar, Anand, Anantapur, Asansol, Aurangabad, Badlapur, Banswara, Bareilly, Bathinda, Beawar, Belgaum, Bellary, Bengaluru, Berhampore, Bhagalpur, Bharatpur, Bharuch, Bhavnagar, Bhilwara, Bhiwani, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bhuj, Bikaner, Bilaspur, Bundi, Chandigarh, Chandrapur, Chennai, Chittorgarh, Churu, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi / New Delhi, Dhanbad, Dhule, Dundlod, Durg, Durgapur, Eluru, Ernakulam, Erode, Faridabad, Fatehabad, Firozabad, Gandhidham, Gandhinagar, Ghaziabad, Gondia, Gorakhpur, Guntur, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior, Haldwani, Haridwar, Hisar, Hubli, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jalgaon, Jalna, Jammu, Jamnagar, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Jhunjhunu, Jodhpur, Junagadh, Kaithal, Kakinada, Kannur, Kanpur, Karimnagar, Karnal, Kishangarh, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Kollam, Kota, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Kumbakonam, Kurnool, Latur, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Malappuram, Mandsaur, Mangalore, Mapusa (goa), Margao (Goa), Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Mumbai, Muzaffarnagar, Muzaffarpur, Mysore, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi mumbai, Navsari, Neemuch, Nellore, Nizamabad, Noida, Ongole, Palakkad, Palghar, Palimarwar, Panipat, Panvel, Parbhani, Patiala, Patna, Pimpri-chinchwad, Pondicherry, Pune, Raipur, Rajamahendravaram, Rajkot, Ranchi, Ratlam, Ratnagiri, Rewari, Rohtak, Rourkela, Saharanpur, Salem, Sambalpur, Sangli, Sangrur, Satara, Satna, Shimla, Shimoga, Sikar, Siliguri, Sirohi, Sirsa, Sivakasi, Solapur, Sonepat, Sri ganganagar, Srinagar, Surat, Surendranagar, Thane, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Tinsukia, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Tirupur, Tuticorin, Udaipur, Udupi, Ujjain, Vadodara, Vapi, Varanasi, Vasai, Vellore, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal, Yamuna Nagar, Yavatmal.
Exam Centres Overseas
- Abu Dhabi