Vidya Balan Net Worth, Movies, Age, Husband, Height, Family, Career Highlights and more
(Image Source : Peakpx)
- Vidya Balan Biography and Net worth
- Vidya Balan Early Years
- Vidya Balan Career
- Vidya Balan Personal Life
- Vidya Balan Top 10 Hits
Vidya Balan Biography and Net worth
Primarily known for bringing about a change in the portrayal of women in Bollywood, Vidya Balan is an Indian actress known for her roles in female-led films. She is the recipient of several National awards and was awarded Padma Shri by the Indian Government in 2014.
(Image Source : BollywoodShaadis)
Full Name: Vidya Balan
Age: 44 years
Weight: 70 kg (approx)
Net Worth: $18M (approx)
Vidya Balan has a net-worth of $18 Million which roughly translates to 135 Crores in Indian Rupees. The actress reportedly earns more than 1 Crore a month and earns more than 12 Crores yearly. According to reports her income primarily comes from brand endorsements and films that she does. She charges about 2-3 Crore per movie which includes a share in the profit. Her charges for brand endorsements are 1-2 Crores.
Vidya Balan was born on 1 January, 1979 to P.R. Balan (the then executive vice-president of Digicable) and Saraswathy Balan (a homemaker) into a Tamil Brahman family in Bombay, Maharashtra. She has an elder sister named Priya Balan who works in advertising. The actress Priyamani is her second cousin. She completed her education from St. Anthony Girls’s High School. Her career started at a very young age with her starring in Ektra Kapoor’s sitcom Hum Paanch at the mere age of 16. She completed her bachelor’s from St. Xavier’s College in sociology and earned a master’s degree in the same from the University of Mumbai. In the early stages of her career Vidya had many hardships with most of the films she was a part of either getting shelved or her getting replaced by another actress leading to a postponement in launching her career.
(Image Source : bollywoodhungama.com)
- Vidya Balan debuted in the Bengali film Bhalo Theko in 2003. She was awarded the Anandalok Puraskar for Best Actress for her performance.
- She auditioned for the Hindi film Parineeta in 2005 and was selected after six-months of rigorous tests. She received praise from the critics for her performance. The movie won her Best Female Debut at the Filmfare awards and a nomination for Best Actress in Filmfare Awards.
- 2006 saw Vidya starring in the classic comedy film Lage Raho Munna Bhai opposite Sanjay Dutt. The film earned a whooping 1.19 billion rupees and emerged as one of the highest grossing Hindi films at that point in the industry.
- She then went on to take a few supporting roles in films like Guru, Salaam-e-Ishq and Eklavya:The Royal Guard. She stated that she wanted to try performing a variety of roles and wanted these films to be a part of her learning curve. All the films performed badly at the box-office.
- She starred in Heyy Babyy opposite Akshay Kumar in 2007, where her look was criticized for being overly westernized to fit the storyline of the movie. Despite this the movie was one of the highest grossing films of the year.
- She then starred in Bhool Bhulaiya, the classic comedy horror, starring Akshay Kumar and her in lead roles. She learned Kathak for this role due to the dance scenes. The film emerges as one of the highest grossing films of the year.
- Bhool Bhulaiya earned her another Best Actress nomination at the Filmfare Awards.
- She then went on to star in movies like Halla Bol in 2008 opposite Ajay Devgn and Kismat Konnection opposite Shahid Kapoor. Both the films were “semi-hit”.
(Image Source : in.pinterest.com)
- 2009 started with Balan getting casted by R.Balki in his comedy-drama Paa. The movie was a commercial success and was highly praised by the critics for the storyline as well as both Vidya Balan and Amitabh Bachchan’s acting.
- The film earned her her first Screen Award for Best Actress in Filmfare Awards.
- She then starred in Ishqiya in 2010, which was praised by critics and earned her the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress and a nomination for Best Actress at Filmfare Awards.
- 2011 was the year where her starring in female-led movies started and was a pivotal point in her career.
- She started off the year by starring in No One Killed Jessica, a thriller based on the infamous Jessica Lal Murder case. The film was widely acclaimed by the critics for its screenplay, performance, acting, portrayal, etc. The film turned out to be a “sleeper hit”.
- She then starred in The Dirty Picture in 2011 which was based on the Indian actress Silk Smitha. The movie went on to be extremely successful commercially and earned a total of 1.14 billion rupees worldwide becoming the Hindi cinema’s highest grossing female-led film to that point.
- She won the National Film Award for Best Actress for the film.
- Her 2012 starrer Kahani, also went on to become the biggest earning female-led Hindi film with it grossing about 1.04 billion rupees worldwide. The movie earned a bunch of other awards at Filmfare as well.
- The years from 2013 to 2017 were a continuous loop of setbacks and commercially unsuccessful films for Vidya Balan.
- Within these four years she starred in Ghanchakkar(2013), Shaadi ke Side Effects(2014) opposite Farhan Akhtar, Bobby Jasoos,Hamari Adhuri Kahani, Te3n, Kaahani2: Durga Rani Singh and Begum Jaan.
- All the above movies were unsuccessful in the box office and thus created a dry spell for Vidya Balan during these years with flop after flop.
- Balan’s 2017 film Tumhari Sulu managed to be commercially successful making this her first film to be successful ever since 2012.
- The film earned her her fifth Screen Award and fourth Filmfare Best Actress award.
- 2019 was the year when she shifted and expanded to Telugu cinema.
- She appeared as a supporting character in Ner Konda Paarvai, a remake of the film Pink. The film was commercially successful and went on to become the highest-grossing Tamil film of the year.
- The same year she appeared in Mission Mangal co-starring Akshay Kumar. The film was highly successful and grossed a total of 2.9 billion rupees worldwide, becoming her highest grossing release.
- She went on to appear in short film Natkhat in 2020 and Shakuntala Devi in the same year both of which earned her two more Filmfare nominations for her performance in it.
- She starred in Sherni in 2021 and was awarded with another Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress.
- 2022 saw her in the thriller Jalsa. The movie was praised by the critics for its plot and the cast was praised for their outstanding performance.
- According to a variety of sources, it has been reported that Balan has many assets be it in property or cars.
- She reportedly has a designer luxury house in Mumbai. The estimated value of the house is about 8 Crores.
- Along with this, he also owns multiple real-estate properties in the country.
- The actress also has a remarkable collection of luxury cars.
Cars owned by Vidya Balan
1.37 Crore INR
60 Lakhs INR
Mercedes GLC 300
67 Lakhs INR
(Image Source : in.pinterest.com)
Vidya Balan was born on 1 January, 1979 to P.R. Balan (the then executive vice-president of Digicable) and Saraswathy Balan (a homemaker) into a Tamil Brahman family in Bombay, Maharashtra. She has an elder sister named Priya Balan who works in advertising. The actress Priyamani is her second cousin.
(Image Source : bollywoodbubble.com)
Media has often speculated about relationships between Vidya Balan and her co-stars, however these speculations have been vehemently denied by the actress in the past. However, a previous statement given by her stated that she was previously in a relationship in which “caustic remarks” were made at her due to her weight and such words managed to pull her down. In 2012 Vidya revealed during an interview that she was dating Siddharth Roy Kapur, the CEO of UTV Motion Pictures. The couple married the same year on 14 December 2012 in a private ceremony in Bandra, Mumbai. The couple do not have any kids and Balan herself has stated that she and her husband both do not want any kids.
(Image Source : hindustantimes.com)
Top 10 Hits:
- Mission Mangal – 203 Crore
- The Dirty Picture- 80 Crore
- Lage Raho Munna Bhai- 74.90 Crore
- Kahaani- 51.55 Crore
- Bhool Bhulaiya- 49.10 Crore
- Thank You- 46.55 Crore
- Guru- 45.50 Crore
- Shaadi Ke Side Effects- 37.35 Crore
- Tumhari Saalu- 36.15 Crore
- Hamari Adhuri Kahani- 34.45 Crore