Taapsee Pannu Net Worth, Movies, Age, Education, Height, Family, Career Highlights and more
(Image Source : Rediffmail)
- Taapsee Pannu Biography and Net worth
- Taapsee Pannu Early Years
- Taapsee Pannu Career
- Taapsee Pannu Personal Life
- Taapsee Pannu Top 10 Hits
Taapsee Pannu Biography and Net worth
Taapsee Pannu is an Indian actress who primarily works in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil films and is the recipient of three Filmfare awards. She mainly works on female-led films wherein, she plays the lead female character. She along with being an actress also owns an event management company called The Wedding Factory and is also the owner of the badminton franchise Pune 7 Aces which plays in the Premier Badminton League.
(Image Source : Pinterest)
Full Name: Taapsee Pannu
Age: 35 years
Weight: 53 kg (approx)
Net Worth: $6M (approx)
Taapsee Pannu has a net-worth of $6 Million which roughly translates to 45 Crores in Indian Rupees. According to reports her income primarily comes from brand endorsements and films that she does. She endorses a total of 10 brands including Lyra, Nivea, Melange by Lifestyle, Garnier, etc. She charges about 1-2 Crore per movie which includes a share in the profit. She earns about 2 Crores from brand endorsements alone in a year. In addition to this, she also owns an event management company called The Wedding Factory and is also the owner of the badminton franchise Pune 7 Aces which plays in the Premier Badminton League.
Taapsee Pannu was born on 1 August, 1987 to Dilmohan Singh Pannu(a retired real estate agent) and Nirmaljeet (a homemaker) in New Delhi. She has a younger sister named Shagun Pannu who is also an actress. She completed her schooling from Mata Jai Kaur Public School, Ashok Vihar and studied Computer Science at Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology. After graduation she worked as a software engineer and became a full-time model after she auditioned for Channel V’s Get Gorgeous which eventually led to her acting career.
(Image Source : starsunfolded.com)
- Taapsee Pannu made her debut in 2010 in the romantic musical Jhummandi Naadam.
- The following year she starred in Aadukalam marking her Tamil debut. The movie went on to be extremely successful with it being critically acclaimed and won six National Film Awards.
- She played a short role in Mr. Perfect in 2011 alongside Prabhas and Kajal Aggarwal. She then starred in Veera; a moderate success.
- She made her Hindi film debut in 2013 with Chashme Badoor, starring Siddharth, Rishi Kapooor, and others. The film had negative reviews but became a box-office success.
- She starred in Arrambam and was awarded Most-Enthusiastic Performer-Female Award at the 2014 Edison Awards for her performance.
- She then was seen in Baby in 2015 in a supporting role starring Akshay Kumar.
(Image Source : in.pinterest.com)
- 2016 saw her breakthrough in the industry with the movie Pink, starring Amitabh Bachchan. The film tackles three girls fighting a case against a politician’s nephew for molestation.
- The film and Pannu’s acting received high praise from the critics.
- The movies earned a whooping 1.08 billion rupees, emerging as a commercial and critical success.
- The film was a turning point in her career.
- She then played the role of a game designer who used a wheelchair and beatles home invasion in a psychological thriller called Game Over. The film was shot in both Tamil and Telugu simultaneously. Pannu reportedly was supposed to sit in a wheelchair for 12 hours a day. This continued for 25 days.
- Both the film and Pannu’s performance were praised and the film was critically given positive reviews.
- 2017 saw the release of Running Shaadi, where she received mixed critical reviews and mixed critical reception but her acting was praised.
- She was then seen in a spin-off of the movie Baby, named Naam Shabana released in 2017, where she reprised her role again. The film and Pannu’s acting both received mixed responses.
- Judwaa 2 released the same year was a commercial success and earned over 2 billion rupees.
- Dil Junglee, her first release of 2018, failed to create any impact and fell short.
- Soorma, which was followed by Dil Junglee despite mixed reviews, was a commercial success.
- Her performance in the film Mulk was highly praised and earned her a Filmfare Award for Best Actress Critics nomination.
- Her 2018 starrer Manmarziyan garnered her critical and positive reviews from critics for her performance.
- 2019 has a bunch of releases by Pannu, starting with Badla, a mystery thriller, starring Amitabh Bachachan.
- The film was met with positive reviews, along with Pannu’s performance.
- She then starred in Mission Mangal which proved to be a huge commercial success. It grossed 2.9 billion rupees worldwide making it her highest grosser ever.
- Her final film of the year Saand ki Ankh co-starring Bhumi Pednekar, the role was critically well-received and won them Filmfare Award for Best Actress Critics.
- Her only release of 2020, Thappad was met with critical acclaim with her being awarded with the Filmfare Award for Best Actress and a Filmfare Award for Best Actress Critics nomination.
- She starred in Tamil horror-comedy Annabelle Sethupathi, starring Vijay Sethupathi.
- Her 2021 romantic-murder mystery Haseen Dilruba went on to become the most-watched Hindi film on Netflix that year. However, the film was not well-received by the critics with many calling it “illogical”, “a hot mess” among other things.
- In July of 2021, she signed the Telugu film Mishan Impossible, her comeback in the Telugu film industry after 2017.
- She lastly starred in Rashmi Rocket, the last film of the year, a sports drama about a track and field athlete, who was subjected to gender testing due to being diagnosed with hyperandrogenism.
- In 2022 she starred in Loop Lapeta which was an official remake of the German film Run Lola Run. The film was released on 4 February on Netflix.
- Pannu went on to receive Filmfare OTT Awards for Web Actress in a Web Original.
- She then starred in the film Shabaash Mithy, a movie based on the captain of the Indian women’s national team, Mithali Raj. The film was a box-office disaster.
- According to a variety of sources, it has been reported that Pannu has many assets be it in property or cars.
- She reportedly has a designer luxury 3-BHK house in Mumbai. The estimated value of the house is about INR 10 Crores. The house is named Paanu Pind and is designed by her sister and actress Shagun Pannu.
- Along with this, She also owns multiple real-estate properties in the country.
- The actress also has a remarkable collection of luxury cars.
|Cars owned by Taapsee Pannu||Approximate Price|
|Mercedes GLE 250-D||57.36 Lakhs INR|
|BMW X1||45 Lakhs INR|
|Jeep Compass||33 Lakhs INR|
|Audi A8L||1.48 Crores INR|
|BMW 3 Series GT||51 Lakhs INR|
(Image Source : in.pinterest.com)
Taapsee Pannu was born on 1 August, 1987 to Dilmohan Singh Pannu (a retired real estate agent) and Nirmaljeet (a homemaker) in New Delhi. She has a younger sister named Shagun Pannu who is also an actress.
(Image Source : timesofindia.indiatimes.com)
According to some sources, Taapsee Pannu was reportedly in a relationship with Mahat Raghavendra, a Tollywood actor, however it was later revealed that the two broke up due to things not working out for them. As of 2023, Taapsee Pannu is currently dating badminton player and Olympic silver medalist Mathias Boe. They have reportedly been dating since 2017 and according to some rumors are planning to get married soon.
(Image Source : hindustantimes.com)
Top 10 Hits:
- Judwaa 2- 138.6 Crore
- Baby- 95.55 Crore
- Badla- 88 Crore
- Pink- 65.40 Crore
- Chashme Badoor- 41.70 Crore
- Naam Shabana- 36.75 Crore
- Soorma- 32.40 Crore
- Thappad- 30.60 Crore
- Manmarziyan- 27.10 Crore
- Saand Ki Aankh- 23.40 Crore