Madhuri Dixit Net Worth, Movies, Age, Husband, Height, Family, Career Highlights and more
(Image Source : Vogue India)
- Madhuri Dixit Biography and Net worth
- Madhuri Dixit Early Years
- Madhuri Dixit Career
- Madhuri Dixit Personal Life
- Madhuri Dixit Top 10 Hits
Madhuri Dixit Biography and Net worth
One of the best actresses of the 90s Madhuri Dixit is an Indian actress who works primarily in the Hindi cinema. She has appeared in over 70 films and is widely praised for her acting, beauty, dancing skills which parallel directly with her male contemporaries in a male-dominated industry. She is also a Padma Shri recipient.
(Image Source : in.pinterest.com)
Full Name: Madhuri Dixit Nene
Age: 55 years
Weight: 56 kg (approx)
Net Worth: $34M (approx)
Being one of the veteran actresses in the Bollywood industry, Madhuri Dixit has a net worth of 250 crores. She charges approximately 4-5 crores for one film and about 25 Crores for one season of any Reality Show that she hosts. A large portion of her earnings come from Brand endorsements, for which she reportedly charges a massive 8 Crores.
Madhuri Dixit was born on 15 May, 1967 to Shankar Dixit and Snehlata Dixit in Bombay, Maharashtra to Marathi Kokanastha Brahmin parents. She has two elder sisters and an elder brother making her the youngest of her family. Dixit had an interest in dance from an early age and started getting trained in Kathak at the age of three and went on to train for eight years, later becoming a professionally trained Kathak dancer. She completed her high school from Divine Child High School in Andheri. She was a part of the dramatics club and aspired to become a microbiologist. To achieve this she enrolled in Sathaye college in Vile Parle, but six months after the commencement of her course she decided to leave and pursue a career in films.
(Image Source : radiocity.in)
- Dixit made her debut in 1984 in the film Abodh starring opposite Bengali actor Tapas Paul. The film failed commercially upon its release, but Dixit garnered positive reviews from the critics for her performance.
- Her next and only release of 1985- Awara Baap also failed to make the cut and was commercially unsuccessful.
- Up until 1988 Dixit starred in several movies; Swati, Manav Hatya, Hifazat, Uttar Dakshin, Mohre and Khatron ke Khiladi, all of which were commercial failures and were reviewed negatively by critics as well.
- 1988 saw the release of Dayavan, the first successful film of Dixit. The same year she also acted in one of the classics of the 1980s era, i.Tezaab starring opposite Anil Kapoor, thus, finally attaining recognition for her acting.
- The movie went on to become the highest grossing film of the year and Dixit bagged her first Filmfare Award for Best Actress nomination, solidifying herself as one of the leading actresses of her generation.
- Her 1989 release Ram Lakhan, starring Anil Kapoor and Jackie Shroff as main leads, was commercially and critically a super hit and became the second highest grossing film of the year.
- Her next release Prem Pratigya starring opposite Mithun Chakroborty earned her the second nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
- Tridev, her next 1989 release with a star studded cast of Sunny Deol, Naseeruddin Shah, Jackie Shroff, Sangeeta Bijlani, Sonam and Amrish Puri was one of the biggest hits and became the third-highest grossing film of the year.
- Her subsequent movies of the 80s; Parinda, Ilaaka, Mujrim, Paap ka Ant and Kanoon Apna Apna, ranged from blockbusters to average grossers, with the former three being hits and the latter two being average grossers.
(Image Source : in.pinterest.com)
- 1990s is the decade which led to Dixit’s rise to prominence and widespread success.
- 1990 started with her appearing in nine films, out of which five were commercial flops, namely Maha -Sangram, Deewana Mujh Sa Nahin, Jeevan Ek Sanghursh,Sailaab and Jamai Raja.
- Her next release Kishen Kanhaiya, was a hit and was the fourth highest grossing film of the year.
- The same year her performance in the movie Dil opposite Aamir Khan, made her win her first Filmfare Award for Best Actress. The movie turned out to be the highest-grossing film of the year.
- 1991, saw the release of five films, with the year starting with her starring in Pyar ka Devta which was an average grosser.
- Her film Saajan opposite Salman Khan was a critical and a commercial success.
- The year also saw the releases of films like Pratikar and Prahaar.
- Her 1992 film Dharavi, went on to win the National Film Award for the Best Feature Film in Hindi.
- Her next film Beta starring Anil Kapoor became the biggest hit of the year and won her a second Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
- The film made her earn the title of “Dhak Dhak Girl” named after one of the songs in the movie.
- 1994, saw the release of one of the most classic films given by Dixit, i.eHum Aapke Hai Kaun opposite Salman Khan. The film became the highest grossing Bollywood film in the history of Hindi Cinema for 7 years up until the release of Gadar: Ek Prem Katha which released in 2001, and made a whooping 1.35 billion dollar rupees worldwide.
- The film earned her her third Filmfare Award for Best Actress and her first Screen Award for Best Actress.
- The film went on to win two National Awards, including Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment and in the Millennium Edition of the “Guinness Book of World Records”, the movie became Bollywood’s highest grossing film.
- Her subsequent releases Rja opposite Sanjay Kapoor and Yaarana opposite Rishi Kapoor both were commercial successes and earned her awards.
- Her 1997 release Dil To Pagal Hai starring Shah Rukh Khan, Karisma Kapoor and Akshay Kumar emerged as a blockbuster and was the highest grossing film of the year.
- Her biggest blockbuster of the 2000s was Devda, starring Shah Rukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai. The film was screened at the 2002 Cannes Film Festival and featured by Time in the “10 best films of the millennium”.
- It was a commercial success and grossed $6.6 million.
- The film was chosen as India’s official entry for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film and also received a nomination for the BAFTA Award for Best Film Not in the English Language.
- The 50th National Film Awards the film took a huge win with five awards, including the Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment.
- She went on to win the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress and Screen Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film.
- After Devdas, Dixit took a break from working to focus on her married life.
- She returned in 2007 with Aaja Nachle which was commercially a flop but Dixit got positive reviews for her performance.
2010s and 2020s:
- 2010s saw Dixit doing many cameos and supporting roles with her first lead role in a while being in the movie Gulaab Gang, starring Juhi Chawla.
- The movie failed at the box office and earned mixed reviews.
- Her next film went on to be Total Dhamaal in 2019 which emerged as a major commercial success and grossed $25million and went on to be the ninth highest grossing film of the year.
- Her film Kalank released the same year was a failure in box-office despite its initial hype.
- She was the lead actress in the Netflix series The Fame Game in 2022.
- According to a variety of sources, it has been reported that Dixit has many assets be it in property or cars.
- The veteran actress reportedly has a designer luxury house in Lokhandwala, Mumbai which houses many other celebrities and eminent personalities as well.
- Along with this, she also owns multiple real-estate properties in the country.
- The actress has recently bought a flat in Mumbai’s Lower Parel worth a staggering 48 Crores. The property boasts a wide range of facilities like, a large swimming pool, a football ground, badminton court, gym,spa, club, squash court, cricket court among many others.
Cars owned by Madhuri Dixit
Mercedes Maybach S560
2.5 Crore INR
Mercedes S-Class 450
1.3 Crore INR
Skoda Octavia VRS
26.9-29.29 Lakhs INR
9.5 Lakhs INR
Range Rover Vogue
2.31 Crore INR
Mercedes GLS 350D
88 Lakhs INR
Range Rover Sports
91 Lakhs- 2.1 Crore INR
(Image Source : in.pinterest.com)
Madhuri Dixit was born on 15 May, 1967 to Shankar Dixit and Snehlata Dixit in Bombay, Maharashtra to Marathi Kokanastha Brahmin parents. She has two elder sisters named Rupa Dixit and Bharti Dixit, and an elder brother named Ajit Dixit making her the youngest of her family. Her father unfortunately passed away in 2013.
(Image Source : filmfare.com)
Madhuri Dixit married Dr Sriram Nene on October 17, 1999. The actor was on the top of her career when she made this decision and tied the knot with her husband who is a cardiovascular surgeon based in Los Angeles, California. Dixit relocated to Denver, Colorado for a decade after her marriage. She gave birth to their son named Arin on 17 March 2003 and another named Ryan on 8 March 2005.
(Image Source : indiatvnews.com)
Top 10 Hits:
- Total Dhamaal – 155.67 Crore INR
- Kalank- 84.6 Crore INR
- Hum Aapke Hain Kaun- 72.48 Crore INR
- Devdas – 41.67 Crore INR
- Dil Toh Pagal Hai – 34.89 Crore INR
- Dedh Ishqiya – 27.24 Crore INR
- Raja – 20.17 Crore INR
- Lajja – 15.74 Crore INR
- Koyla – 14.73 Crore INR
- Gulaab Gang- 14.4 Crore INR