Kangna Ranaut Net Worth, Movies, Age, Education, Height, Family, Career Highlights and more
(Image Source : Pinkvilla)
- Kangna Ranaut Biography and Net worth
- Kangna Ranaut Early Years
- Kangna Ranaut Career
- Kangna Ranaut Personal Life
- Kangna Ranaut Top 10 Hits
Kangna Ranaut Biography and Net worth
One of the leading film actresses in Bollywood, Kangana Ranaut is known for her female-led films. She is the recipient of several National Awards, Filmfare Awards and has been mentioned in the Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list for a total of six times. She is also the recipient of Padma Shri, the country’s fourth highest civilian award.
(Image Source : in.pinterest.com)
Full Name: Kangana Amardeep Ranaut
Age: 35 years
Weight: 55 kg (approx)
Net Worth: $13M (approx)
Kangana Ranaut has a net-worth of $13 Million which roughly translates to 103 Crores in Indian Rupees. The actress reportedly earns more than 1.5 Crore a month and earns more than 15 Crores yearly. According to reports her income primarily comes from brand endorsements and films that she does. She charges about 2-3 Crores per movie which includes a share in the profit. Her charges for brand endorsements are 3-3.5 Crores.
Kangana Ranaut was born on 23 March,1987 to Asha Ranaut (a school teacher) and Amardeep Ranaut (a businessman) in Mandi district, Himachal Pradesh. She has an elder sister named Rangoli Chandel who as of 2014 works as her manager and a younger brother named Akshat. According to the actress, she was stubborn and rebellious as a child. She completed her education from DAV School, Chandigarh. She relocated to Delhi at the age of sixteen. Her parents did not support her career and her father especially believed her wishes as aimless and refused to support her causing a rift in their relationship. She later reconciled with her family in 2007 after the release of the film Life in a…Metro.
(Image Source : wikibio.in)
- Kangana Ranaut was supposed to make her film debut in the movie I Love You Boss in 2004.
- She however also auditioned for the role of Gangster: A Love Story, initially she was rejected however when the actress whom the role was given to was unable to work she was contracted for the film.
- She had the lead role of an alcoholic woman and due to her young age, i.e. her being 17 when shooting, she went through some struggles in understanding the nature of the character. The film was released in 2006 and was a commercial and a critical success.
- She went on to win the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut along with other debut awards, making her debut into the industry a success.
- She then went on to star in Woh Lamhe… in 2006. The movie was based on the actress Parveen Babu and her relationship with Mahesh Bhatt. The film received rave reviews from the critics and Kangana’s performance was highly praised as well. However, it was a flop and failed to garner box office collection.
- Her next hit came with the film Fashion in 2008. The film grossed a worldwide revenue of 600 million rupees and was a commercial and a critical success.
- The film earned her several awards, including The National Film Award and the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress.
(Image Source : in.pinterest.com)
- Her 2009 film Raaz: The Mystery Continues was an average grosser with it not garnering any particular attention.
- Her 2010 hit Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai starring Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi and Prachi Desai was a commercial and a critical success and was referred to as one of the most successful releases of the year.
- By this time the actress had already established a reputation for taking on neurotic characters and thus wanted to change from this direction and take up less emotionally exhausting characters.
- 2011 saw this change with her starring in the romantic comedy Tanu Weds Manu opposite R.Madhavan. The film received mixed reactions from the critics, but the actress was praised for her performance.
- The film led her to receive a bunch of Best actress nominations across different awards.
- The years next were not particularly good for her with her subsequent releases which included Game, Double Dhamaal, Rascals, Miley Naa Miley Hum and Tezz all being flop except Double Dhamaal.
- Critics said Ranaut is ill at ease in comedy and in performing such roles she appears to be a bimbo.
- Ranaut got a brief role in the crime thriller Shootout at Wadala. She, despite the film being male-centric managed to stand-out earning praise from the critics for the same.
- She garnered massive popularity when she appeared in the film Krrish 3 opposite Hrithik Roshan and played the role of a shape shifting mutant.
- According to critics the film was entertaining but lacking in originality, however the actress managed to garner praise for her performance.
- The film earned a massive 3 billion rupees worldwide becoming one of the highest grossing Bollywood movies of all time.
- 2014, saw the release of the movie Queen which solidified her as one of the lead actresses of the industry.
- The film garnered positive reviews from the critics and exceeded expectations and emerged as a box-office hit.
- The actress won the Filmfare Award and the National Award for Best Actress.
- The film has gone on to become a cult classic and is notably known and praised for its scholarly recognition as an influential feminist film.
- 2015 saw the release of Tanu Weds Manu Returns. The film was a commercial and critical success with Ranaut earning high praise from the critics and being referred to as a “prime asset”.
- The film earned a massive 2.4 billion rupees worldwide becoming the highest grossing Bollywood film featuring a female protagonist.
- Ranaut’s performance in the film earned her Filmfare Critics Award, and again the National Film Award for the Best Actress.
- Kangana was awarded her fourth National Award for Best Actress at the 67th National Film Awards for the movie Manikarnika: Queen of Jhansi which was released in 2019.
- The film had positive reviews and garnered average success.
- She founded her production company Manikarnika Films in 2002 and appeared in the anticipated biopic Thalaivi in 2021. The film had mixed reviews from critics.
- She then in 2022 hosted a reality show Lock Up. Her next film Dhakkad was a box-office disaster, making this her eighth flop amongst her last nine films, with critics hinting at her waning popularity.
- According to a variety of sources, it has been reported that Ranaut has many assets be it in property or cars.
- She reportedly has a designer luxury house in Palli, Mumbai. The estimated value of the house is about 20 Crores.
- She also has a property and house in Manali called the “Mandi house” and is reportedly worth 30 Crores.
- She also has her own production house named Manikarnika Films and the actress reportedly worth 48 Crores.
- Along with this, he also owns multiple real-estate properties in the country.
- The actress also has a remarkable collection of luxury cars.
Cars owned by Kangana Ranaut
BMW 7-Series 730LD
1.30 Crore INR
Mercedes GLE 350D SUV
1 Crore INR
43.61 Lakhs INR
(Image Source : in.pinterest.com)
Kangana Ranaut was born on 23 March,1987 to Asha Ranaut (a school teacher) and Amardeep Ranaut (a businessman) in Mandi district, Himachal Pradesh. She has an elder sister named Rangoli Chandel who as of 2014 works as her manager and a younger brother named Akshat. Her parents did not support her career and her father especially believed her wishes as aimless and refused to support her causing a rift in their relationship. She later reconciled with her family in 2007 after the release of the film Life in a…Metro.
(Image Source : timesofindia.indiatimes.com)
Kangana Ranaut was in a relationship with Aditya Pancholi (who is married and reportedly is a rape offender, and has several cases of physical assault reported against him), which came into light in 2007 when she filed a police complaint against him for physically assaulting her under the influence of alcohol. The trial is yet to begin. She then was in a relationship with actor Adhyayan Suman who was her co-star in Raaz: The Mystery Continue in 2008, however the relationship ended the following year. From 2010 to 2012 she was in a long distance relationship with Nicjolas Lafferty, an English doctor. However, the two separated amicably. She has since then maintained that she never wants to get married and has stated that she does not want to be bound by a relationship.
(Image Source : newsable.asianetnews.com)
Top 10 Hits:
- Krrish 3 – 244.05 Crore
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns- 150.71 Crore
- Manikarnika:The Queen of Jhansi – 98.02 Crore
- Queen- 60.83 Crore
- Shootout at Wadala- 58.65 Crore
- Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai- 55.46 Crore
- Double Dhamaal- 44.41 Crore
- Tanu Weds Manu- 36.52 Crore
- Judgemental Hai Kya – 34.45 Crore
- Rascals- 32.60 Crore