Jacqueline Fernandez Net Worth, Movies, Age, Height, Family, Career Highlights and more
(Image Source : Pinterest)
- Jacqueline Fernandez Biography and Net worth
- Jacqueline Fernandez Early Years
- Jacqueline Fernandez Career
- Jacqueline Fernandez Personal Life
- Jacqueline Fernandez Top 10 Hits
Jacqueline Fernandez Biography and Net worth
A Sri Lankan actress and model, Jacqueline Fernandez is a name you probably have come across many-a-times when talking about the recent performers in Bollywood. The actress predominantly works in the Bollywood industry.
(Image Source : Pinterest)
Full Name: Jacqueline Fernandez
Age: 37 years
Weight: 56 kg (approx)
Net Worth: $13M (approx)
Jacqueline Fernandez has a net-worth of $13 Million which roughly translates to 103 Crores in Indian Rupees. According to reports her income primarily comes from a huge pool of brand endorsements and some films that she does. She charges about 4-6 Crores per movie which includes a share in the profit. Her charges for brand endorsements are 3-3.5 Crores. Currently the actress has brand endorsements from 11 brands. In addition to this she also owns her own clothing line Just F. and a restaurant named Kaema Sutra in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Jacqueline Fernandez was born on 11 August, 1985 to Elroy Fernandez (a Sri Lankan Burgher) and Kim (a Malaysian-Canadian); who are a businessman and an air hostess respectively, in Manama, Bahrain. She received her education from Sacred Heart School, Bahrain and went on to study Mass Communication at the University of Sydney in Australia. She also went on to study at the Berlitz school of Languages to learn Spanish and improve her French and Arabic. She went on to become the winner of Miss Universe Sri Lanka in 2006 and represented the country in the Miss Universe pageant held in 2006.
(Image Source : ndtv.com)
- In 2009, Fernandez auditioned for Sujoy Ghosh’s film Aladin while traveling to India for a modeling assignment.
- This went on to become her debut. She starred opposite Riteish Deshmukh as his love interest, and played a character whose role was inspired by Princess Jasmine.
- The film went on to be a critical and a commercial failure even with the starring of Amitabh Bachachan in it. However, Jacqueline Fernandez managed to bag the IIFA Award for Star Debut of the Year- Female.
- In 2010, she starred opposite Riteish Deshmukh again in the science fiction romantic comedy titled Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai. The plot revolves around her as the main protagonist who is originally from Venus and lands on Earth in search of love.
- 2011 was the year Fernandez had her first commercial success, a whole two years after her debut in the form of the movie Murder 2, starring Emraan Hashmi. The film went on to become a turning point in her career.
- 2012 brought Fernandez immense success with her starring in the comedy Housefull 2, starring Akshay Kumar, John Abhraham and Asin. The film went on to become one of the highest grossing productions in India that year and managed to earn a whooping 1.86 billion rupees worldwide.
- Despite the movie’s success Fernandez received negative reviews for her performance.
- However, despite these negative reviews albeit shockingly, Fernandez went on to receive a Best Supporting Actress nomination at the IIFA Awards for her performance.
- Her first and only release of 2013, Race 2, starring Saif Ali Khan, John Abraham and Deepika Padukone emerged as a commercial success. It grossed more than 1.8 billion rupees worldwide.
- However, just like all her films Fernandez was again criticized for her performance.
(Image Source : Pinterest)
- 2014 started with her appearing in the action film Kick which was also Sajid Nadiadwala’s directorial debut, opposite Salman Khan. The film was a remake of a 2009 Telugu film of the same name.
- The film and Fernandez herself both received mixed reviews from the critics but managed to gross a massive worldwide revenue of 3.75 billion rupees and went on to become the fourth highest grossing Bollywood movie of that time.
- In 2015, Fernandez appeared in two films; Roy and Brothers.
- Firstly, she starred in the film Roy opposite Arjun Rampal and Ranbir Kapoor. She played dual roles of both Ayesha Amir; a filmmaker in a relationship with another filmmaker (Arjun Rampal), and that of Tia Desai; a girl who is in love with a thief (Ranbir Kapoor).
- The film received negative reviews and was a commercial failure.
- Fernandez’s acting, though, received mixed reviews with some calling it her “best act till date” and others disagreeing with this fact.
- Secondly, she appeared in the drama film Brothers starring opposite, Akshay Kumar and Sidharth Malhotra.
- She played the role of a fearless mother who is struggling for her child. Fernandez later went on to describe this role as challenging, intense and difficult to perform.
- Fernandez’s performance received relatively positive reviews from most of the critics, with many defining her as “promising”.
- The film was a commercial success and grossed 140 crore rupees. It also went on to become the second highest Weekend Grosser of the Year.
- She began her year 2016 with the film Housefull 3, starring opposite Akshay Kumar as his love interest. The film was a critical failure.
- Despite this, the film went on to be a commercial success and grossed 1.88 billion rupees worldwide.
- Her next film of the year, Dishoom starring John Abraham and Varun Dhawan was a cop-action comedy film.
- It was a commercial success with the film grossing a massive 1.2 billion rupees worldwide.
- The same year, she served as a judge on the ninth season of the dance show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa.
- 2017 started with her appearing in Chandran Rutnam’s crime thriller According to Matthew. It was her maiden cinematic appearance in the Sri Lanka cinema as well.
- Her next film was A Gentleman, an action-comedy film opposite Sidharth Malhotra. The film was received poorly by the critics and was a commercial failure or a box-office flop.
- She went on to appear in David Dhawan’s Judwaa 2, opposite Varun Dhawan and Taapsee Pannu. The film was a commercial success and earned a massive 2.26 billion rupees worldwide.
- In 2018, she starred in Race 3 opposite Salman Khan, the third installment in the Race Franchise. It was a commercial success or a box-office success grossing a massive 3 billion rupees worldwide despite the mixed reviews by the critics as well as the audience.
- She appeared in Drive opposite Sushant Singh Rajput in 2019. The film was a commercial and a critical failure and was also the last film of Sushant Singh Rajput before his death.
- She since then has appeared in the Netflix original film Mrs. Serial Killer and the film Bachchan Pandey a gangster drama opposite Akshay Kumar.
- According to a variety of sources, it has been reported that Jacqueline Fernandez has many assets.
- She reportedly has a designer luxury house in Juhu, Mumbai. The estimated value of the house is about 7 Crores and is a stunning 5-BHK duplex home.
- The Sri Lankan actress loves beaches and sun which translates in her next asset, i.e., a private island located on the South Coast of Sri Lanka.
- In addition to this, the actress also has her own fitness clothing line called Just F.
- She has also dabbled into the hospitality industry with being the owner of two restaurants. She owns an upscale restaurant in Bandra in partnership with her close friend Mishali Singhania, named Pali Village Café.
- She also owns a restaurant in Colombo, Sri Lanka named Kaema Sutra which in collaboration with the celebrity chef Dharshan Munidasa.
- The actress also has a remarkable collection of luxury cars.
Cars owned by Jacqueline Fernandez
Range Rover Vogue
2.11 Crores INR
75 Lakhs INR
Mercedes Maybach S500
1.86 Crores INR
BMW 5 Series
64 Lakhs to 74.5 Lakhs INR
21 Lakhs to 31.29 Lakhs INR
(Image Source : Pinterest)
Jacqueline Fernandez was born on 11 August, 1985 to Elroy Fernandez (a Sri Lankan Burgher) and Kim (a Malaysian-Canadian); who are a businessman and an air hostess respectively, in Manama, Bahrain. She is the youngest of her siblings with her having two elder brothers and an elder sister named Warren Fernandez, Ryan Fernandez and Geraldine Fernandez, respectively. She has stated in many interviews that she is very close to her family and that she misses them.
(Image Source : starsunfolded.com)
Jacqueline Fernandez reportedly had a relationship with the Bahraini prince Sheikh Hassan Bin Rashid Al Khalifa in 2009. Their relationship lasted for almost two years and ended in 2011. After their break up the prince released a music album named Jackie after the actress.
She then went on to date film director Sajid Khan for almost two years and that they met on the sets of Housefull 2. The relationship ended reportedly due to the film director’s possessiveness towards Jacqueline.
Lastly and possibly the most controversial man that she dated; Sukesh Chandrashekhar. Sukesh was accused of money laundering by the Enforcement Directorate in 2022 and Fernandez was named as an accused in the same.
(Image Source : timesofindia.indiatimes.com)
Top 10 Hits:
- Kick- 231.8 Crore
- Race 3- 169.5 Crore
- Judwaa 2 – 138.5 Crore
- Housefull 2- 112 Crore
- Housefull 3- 110.2 Crore
- Race 2- 101.45 Crore
- Brothers- 82.49 Crore
- Dishoom- 70.03 Crore
- Bachchhan Pandey- 50.54 Crore
- Murder 2- 47.65 Crore