Cristiano Ronaldo Wife, Family, Age, Height, Net Worth, Goals, Career Highlights and Biogrpahy
Cristiano Ronaldo Biography – Unless you live under a rock, you probably have heard the name Cristiano Ronaldo at least once in your life. Avid football fans probably know all about the information that will be given in this article, but for those who know who he is but not about other intricate details about him, this article is for them (and the football fans as well to brush up their memory).
- Cristiano Ronaldo Biography
- Cristiano Ronaldo Early years
- Cristiano Ronaldo Club Career
- Cristiano Ronaldo International Career
- Cristiano Ronaldo Personal Life
- Cristiano Ronaldo Relationships
- Cristiano Ronaldo Health
(Image Source : Pinterest)
Full Name: Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro
Age: 37 years
Net Worth: $490M (approx)
Being one of the highest paid athletes in the world the net worth of Ronaldo would not come as a surprise to many. Ronaldo started earning a whooping 1 million euros per year early in his career in Sporting Lisbon where he was a part of the professional team from 2002-05. Further in Manchester United, he earned 2.9 million euros per year from 2005-07, which ,later increased to 4.5 million euros and ultimately in his last years with the team amounted to a total of 7 million euros per year. In Real Madrid, it is reported that he earned 12 million euros(approx) between 2009-15, increasing to 17 million euros and then 25 million euros. His transfer from Manchester United to Real Madrid itself was 94 million euros itself. Lastly in Juventus, he earned 31 million euros per year from 2018-22 the highest of his career. These earnings alone make his net worth to be around $500M, but including all his endorsement deals and different business ventures his net worth including these can easily amount to $1billion.
Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro was born on 5 February, 1985 to Maria Dolores dos Santos Viveiros de Aveiro, a cook, and José Dinis Aveiro, a municipal gardener, in São Pedro parish of Funchal, the capital of the Portuguese island of Madeira. Ronaldo started his football career early on at the age of 7 when he started playing for Andorinha from 1992 to 1995. By the age of 14, he was already able to play in a semi-professional manner and thus, decided to stop his education and pursue football completely. He was popular amongst his peers, and was known for “throwing a chair” at his teacher who had allegedly “disrespected” him.
(Image Source : Pinterest)
- At 16 years old, Ronaldo was promoted from his Sporting youth team, after his team manager was impressed by his dribbling.
- He then became the first player to play for the club’s under-16, under-17,under-18, the B team and the first all which he accomplished within a single season.
- In 2002, September Ronaldo made his debut in the Primeira Liga against Braga.
- Over the course of the years Liverpool manager and the then Barcelona President Joan Laporta all, were interested in signing him with them.
(Image Source : marca.com)
- Alex Ferguson, the manager of Manchester United was the one who finally managed to bag Ronaldo and sign him with them.
- He won his first FA cup and title in 2004 under the new team. United also won the UEFA Champions League in the 2007-08 with his assistance.
- He also won the FIFA Club World Club in 2008, along with three consecutive wins in the English Premier League in the seasons 2006-07,2007-08,2008-09.
- Over the years Ronaldo continued to be one of the best football players of the current generation, with him being named as the UEFA Best Player in Europe(2013-14), Earning Pichichi and European Golden Shoe(32 goals in 30 league games), becoming the all time top-scorer of seventh season at Madrid(2015-16), and other wins and achievements.
- He departed from Manchester United, in 2018 and later returned to it in 2021, but leaving it shortly after due to constant communication issues with the team, team managers and senior executives, stating he felt “betrayed” by them and them not respecting him.
(Image Source : dailysabah.com)
- The Portuguese then moved to the renowned Spanish Club, Real Madrid in 2009 at a transfer fee of 80M pounds.
- The primary reason for Ronaldo signing with the club is assumed to be that he wanted to leave Manchester United and thus started playing in the La Liga.
- He scored a crucial goal in 2011 and helped Madrid lift the Copa Del Rey Cup, the 2012 Supercopa De Espana Cup, the League title for 2012-13 La Liga, the 2014 FIFA Club World Club and the UEFA Champions League in 2014,2016,2017 and 2018.
- In 2018, he signed with the Italian Club, Juventus with a record transfer of 100M pounds, which was the highest for any Italian club for any player above the age of 30 at that time.
- He won the Serie A under Juventus in 2018-19 and 2019-20, the Supercoppa Italiana 2018, 2020 and the Coppa Italia 2020-21 in his time with the team.
(Image Source : goal.com)
Ronaldo started his international career with Portugal Under-15 team in 2001. He represented the country in Under-15, under-17,under-20, under-21,under-23 in national teams, garnering a total of 34 youth caps and scoring 18 goals overall. He captained Portugal for the first time a day after his 22nd Birthday, i.e., 6 February,2007 in a friendly game against Brazil. He became his country’s all-time top scorer after scoring twice in 5-1 win over Cameroon on 5 March,2014.
(Image Source : indianexpress.com)
Cristiano Ronaldo Family and Children
Ronaldo has had six children. He became the father to a boy in 2010, whom he named Cristano Jr., however the identity of the mother remains unknown as per talks and agreements with her. He then in 2017 announced the birth of two more children; twins, a daughter and a son whom he had via surrogacy in the USA. In November, 2017 his fourth child and second daughter was born named Alana, which he had with his long time girlfriend, Georgina Rodriguez. In April 2022, his fifth child and third daughter Bella was born along with a twin son, however the twin son could not survive the birth.
(Image Source : edition.cnn.com)
Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro was born to Maria Dolores dos Santos Viveiros de Aveiro, a cook, and José Dinis Aveiro, a municipal gardener who was also an army veteran. He is the fourth and the youngest child to his parents. He has two sisters and an older brother. Elma is allegedly the eldest of the siblings, followed by his brother Hugo and lastly his sister Katia and then him.
Ronaldo’s father passed away at the age of 52 in September, 2005 due to alcohol-induced liver failure. Ronaldo was 20 at the time.
(Image Source : pinterest.co.uk)
Ronaldo has allegedly been in a few relationships only some of which were confirmed.
In 2003, he was reportedly dating Jordana Jardel, a Brazilian model who was the sister of his teammate, Mario Jardel when playing in Sporting Lisbon.
In 2005, he started dating Merche Romero, a Portuguese model. In 2007, he dated Gemma Atkinson, British model and actress and the only British he was ever linked to. In late 2007, he was allegedly dating Indian Actress Bipasha Basu after Ronaldo kissing Bipasha was highly covered by the media. In 2008, he dated Nereida Gallardo, a Spanish model. He allegedly has also dated Paris Hilton, in 2009 and Kim Kardashian in 2010. From 2010 to 2015 he dated Russian model Irina Shayak.
Since 2016, he has been in a long-term relationship with Spanish Model Georgina Rodriguez, who is also the mother of two of his children; Alana and Bella.
Ronaldo has stated at several interviews that he does not drink alcohol, and have also received libel damages over a Daily Mirror article that reported him drinking heavily at a nightclub when recovering from injuries in 2008. He was diagnosed with tachycardia, at the age of 15, for which he went through a heart surgery wherein a laser was used to cauterize multiple cardiac pathways into one, so as to alter his resting heart rate. He was discharged from the hospital shortly after and resumed his training a few days later.
Cristiano Ronaldo still remains and is regarded a s one of the greatest players of all time, having 32 trophies in his career including seven league titles, five UEFA Championships, and other UEFA European Championships. As of December 2022, Ronaldo was found training at the Real Madrid’s Valdebebas training ground for probably the first time after his departure from the club for Juventus in 2018.