The Full form of TIA is Transient Ischemic Attack. TIA is like a mini stroke, producing similar symptoms, but usually lasting only a few minutes and causing no permanent damage. It is a neurological event with the signs and symptoms of a stroke, but which go away within a short period of time. Also called a mini-stroke, a TIA is due to a temporary lack of adequate oxygen (ischemia) and blood to the brain. This is often caused by the narrowing (or, less often, ulceration) of the carotid arteries (the major arteries in the neck that supply blood to the brain). A transient ischemic attack may be a warning. About 1 in every 3 people who have a transient ischemic attack will eventually have a stroke, with about half occurring within a year after the TIA. A transient ischemic attack can taken as both a warning and an opportunity — a warning of an impending stroke and an opportunity to take steps to prevent it. The signs and symptoms of a TIA include weakness, numbness or paralysis in face, arm or leg, typically on one side of the body, slurred or garbled speech, blindness in one or both eyes or double vision, dizziness or loss of coordination, sudden, severe headache with no known cause.
Full Form Related Links
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 31, 2023
- Vidya Balan Biography, Movies, Age, Net Worth, Husband, Career highlights
- Kangna Ranaut Biography, Age, Movies, Net Worth, Education
- Taapsee Pannu Movies, Age, Net Worth, Education, Biography
- Neha Kakkar Biography – Net worth, Age, Husband, songs, family
- Rohit Shetty Biography, Wife, Father, Movies, Net Worth
- GPT Full Form, What is the Full form of GPT in ChatGPT?
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 30, 2023