The Full form of SLE is Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. SLE is an autoimmune disease. In this disease, the immune system of the human body mistakenly attacks healthy tissue. It can affect the skin, kidneys, brain, joints, and other organs. The immune system normally fights off dangerous bacteria and infections to keep the body healthy. An autoimmune disease occurs when the immune system attacks the body because it confuses it for something foreign. There are many autoimmune diseases, including Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. The term lupus has been used to identify a number of immune diseases that have similar laboratory features and clinical presentations, but SLE is the most common type of lupus. People are often referring to SLE when they say lupus. SLE is considered as a chronic disease that can have phases of worsening symptoms that alternate with periods of mild symptoms. With treatment, most people with SLE are able to live a normal life. Symptoms of SLE can vary and can change over time. Common symptoms include severe fatigue, joint pain and swelling, headaches, a rash on the cheeks and nose, which is called a “butterfly rash”, hair loss, anemia, blood-clotting problems, fingers turning white or blue and tingling when cold, known as Raynaud’s phenomenon.
Full Form Related Links
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 25, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 24, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 23, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 21, 2023
- JEE Main 2023 Exam Date revised, check new date
- CMS Full Form, Full Form of CMS in IT, Medical, Banking
- EMAIL Full Form, What is the Full Form is EMAIL?
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 19, 2023