The Full form of RCA is Right Coronary Artery. The RCA is one among several major vessels that provide blood to the heart. The RCA splits into the acute marginal arteries and the right posterior coronary artery. Other arteries that are derived from the right and left artery include the circumflex artery and the left anterior descending artery. The heart needs oxygen in the blood to function. The Right Coronary Artery specifically provides blood to the heart ventricles, right atrium, and the cells in the right atrial wall, which are called the Sinoatrial Node. A poorly functioning artery or injuries to the arteries can cause stroke or a heart attack. Diseases that block or impede the artery (such as coronary artery disease) reduce the amount of oxygen that is delivered to the heart. Coronary artery anomalies are abnormalities or defects in the artery. This condition is typically present at birth. Sometimes problems with the RCA go unnoticed due to a lack of symptoms. Young athletes, specifically those who have heart attacks while participating in strenuous sports, sometimes have an undetected coronary artery anomaly. According to the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburg, this condition has been traced to 4 to 15 percent of sudden cardiac deaths in children.
Full Form Related Links
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification Sept. 23, 2021
- SBI Clerk 2021 Prelims Results announced, Download now!
- UPSC ESE and Geo-Scientist Exam 2022 Registration Process begins, Apply Now
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification Sept. 22, 2021
- CAT 2021 Exam Pattern revised, check here for revised pattern
- Maharashtra TET 2021 Revised Schedule released, to be held on October 31 now
- SC refuses exemption of women in UPSC NDA Exam 2021 to be held on November 14, check details
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification Sept. 21, 2021