The Full form of RAW is Research and Analysis Wing. RAW is a primary foreign intelligence agency of India. This agency was created after Indo-China war (in 1962) and Indo-Pak war (in 1965). Headquartered in New Delhi, India, RAW was formed in September 1968 under the guidance of Rameshwar Nath Kao. He was the first director of RAW. RAW is not answerable to the reports directly to the prime minister of India. The main reason behind the creation of RAW was the poor performance of Intelligence bureau of India in the wars against China and Pakistan. The main objective of the agency is gathering foreign intelligence, promoting counter-proliferation, engaging in counter-terrorism, advising Indian policymakers, and advancing India’s foreign strategic interests. Along with that, it is also involved in the security of nuclear programme of India. Many foreign analysts consider the RAW to be an effective organisation and identify it as one of the primary instruments of India’s national power. RAW is the most powerful agency of India that keeps sharp eye on the activities of other countries mainly the neighbours and fight terrorism. Its current chief is Anil Dhasmana. The head of RAW is designated Secretary in the Cabinet Secretariat and is under the direct command of the Prime Minister.
Full Form Related Links
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification Sept. 25, 2021
- GATE 2022 Registration deadline extended till September 28
- JNVST 2021 Application Process for Class 6 begins, Apply now!
- UPSC NDA 2021 Application Process for women candidates begins, last date October 8
- UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 Final Result announced
- IGNOU July 2021 registration deadline extended again, check details
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification Sept. 24, 2021
- MAT September 2021 Result announced, check now