The Full form of PCV is Packed Cell Volume. PCV measures the percentage of RBC (red blood cell) found in the whole blood. The components of blood are white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets. Red blood cells (RBCs) help in the transportation of oxygen throughout the body. High or low levels of red blood cells may be a sign of certain diseases or conditions and the immediate symptoms may be shortness of breath, fatigue, headache, etc. PCV test is one amongst many tests that may be used to diagnose or monitor a condition called anemia. In anemia, the blood may lack enough healthy red blood cells. This test may also be used to monitor or diagnose a condition known as polycythemia, a rare type of blood cancer. This test may also be performed as part of a CBC (Complete blood count) test panel to monitor the overall health of an individual. The doctor may advise a person to undergo this test if he is experiencing signs and symptoms such as fatigue, weakness, shortness of breath, headache, dizziness, cold hands and feet, pale skin, etc. These are some of the common signs and symptoms which may be associated with anemia or polycythemia.
Full Form Related Links
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 25, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 24, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 23, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 21, 2023
- JEE Main 2023 Exam Date revised, check new date
- CMS Full Form, Full Form of CMS in IT, Medical, Banking
- EMAIL Full Form, What is the Full Form is EMAIL?
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 19, 2023