The Full form of PCO is “Polycystic Ovarian”. PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) is a common hormonal disorder in women, which is hereditary as per the current studies. This is a condition in women due to which a woman has increased amount of male hormones (androgens). The exact cause of PCO is unknown. In this, mature eggs are not released from the ovaries as the eggs remain trapped in small fluid filled cysts. Mostly, it is diagnosed in women in their 20s and 30s. A pelvic exam, an ultrasound, and a few blood tests can be used for diagnosis of PCO. PCOS may cause infertility, menstrual irregularities, heavy bleeding during menses, darkening of skin, male baldness, weight gain, and skin problems like acne and increased hair growth. This can increase the risk of pregnancy complications. There can also be greater risks of miscarriage, high blood pressure, and gestational diabetes in pregnant women. Common medical treatments include metformin, birth control pills, hair removal treatments, and surgery. Lifestyle interventions which involve losing weight are the first recommendations by a doctor in treatment of PCO.
Full Form Related Links
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification Sept. 17, 2021
- CAT 2021 Registration deadline extended, Check New Date
- AFCAT (2) 2021 Results declared, steps to check
- AWMI Full Form, What is the Full form of AWMI?
- AFB Full Form, What is the Full form of AFB ?
- AFI Full Form, What is the Full form of AFI ?
- ATP Full Form, What is the Full form of ATP ?
- AC Full Form, What is the Full form of AC ?