The Full form of NSDL is National Securities Depository Limited. NSDL is securities depository in India which holds the securities like shares, bonds and debentures of investors in electronic format. It is the first and largest central securities depository that was established in India to sort out the issues associated with the paper-based settlement of securities such as bad delivery and delayed transfer of title etc. NSDL was established in 1996, after the enactment of Depositories Act, 1996, to facilitate trading and settlement of securities in electronic format. It enabled the investors to transfer the ownership of securities through simple account transfer without involving in paperwork. NSDL is headquartered in Mumbai, India. It works to support the investors and brokers using innovative and flexible technology systems in the capital market of the country. NSDL aims at ensuring the safety and soundness of Indian marketplaces by developing settlement solutions that increase efficiency, minimize risk and reduce costs. NSDL plays a central role in developing products and services that will continue to nurture the growing needs of the financial services industry of India. NSDL is promoted by Industrial Development Bank of India Limited (IDBI), Unit Trust of India (UTI) and National Stock Exchange of India limited (NSE).
Full Form Related Links
- MAT September 2021 Result announced, check now
- TS ICET Result 2021 announced, Check now
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification Sept. 23, 2021
- SBI Clerk 2021 Prelims Results announced, Download now!
- UPSC ESE and Geo-Scientist Exam 2022 Registration Process begins, Apply Now
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification Sept. 22, 2021
- CAT 2021 Exam Pattern revised, check here for revised pattern
- Maharashtra TET 2021 Revised Schedule released, to be held on October 31 now