The Full form of MRI is Magnetic Resonance Imaging. MRI is a medical imaging technique used in radiology to display the internal structures of the body in details, clearer than X-Ray. It is used to form pictures of the anatomy and the physiological processes of the body in both health and disease. MRI is also called Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging (NMRI) or Magnetic Resonance Tomography (MRT). MRI scanners use strong magnetic fields and radio waves to form images of human body. There are a wide range of applications of MRI in medical diagnosis. It is used to detect health issues and diseases very accurately from a human body. It can be used to diagnose heart problems and strokes, brain tumors, trauma to the head or brain, spine problems, heart problems and strokes, joints and bones, abnormalities of brain and spinal cord, liver and other abdominal diseases, uterine abnormalities in women etc. An MRI scan is seen as a better choice than a CT scan (Computed Tomography Scan) as it provides more superior images of internal body parts and it doesn’t expose potentially harmful radiation to either patient or technician while CT Scan still have this risk.
Full Form Related Links
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 25, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 24, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 23, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 21, 2023
- JEE Main 2023 Exam Date revised, check new date
- CMS Full Form, Full Form of CMS in IT, Medical, Banking
- EMAIL Full Form, What is the Full Form is EMAIL?
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 19, 2023