The Full form of MR is Medical Representative. MR’s are the key point of contact between medical companies and healthcare professionals. The job of a medical representative’s is to promote and sell their company’s products, i.e. pharmaceutical drugs or medical equipment. Customers can include hospitals, doctors, nurses and pharmacists. The medical representative of a company will help in increasing product awareness, answering queries, providing advice and introducing new products. Key responsibilities of an MR include organizing appointments and meetings with hospital- and community- based healthcare staff, identifying and establishing new business, negotiating contracts, demonstrating or presenting products (pharmaceutical drugs or medical equipment) to healthcare staff including doctors, nurses and pharmacists, meeting both the business and scientific needs of healthcare professionals etc. The typical employers of medical representatives are Healthcare and pharmaceutical companies. Jobs are advertised online, by careers services and in newspapers, as well as their respective websites. There are several specialist recruitment agencies and consultancies that also regularly advertise vacancies. Pre-entry hospital/medical sales or work experience is advantageous. For MR’s, employers normally prefer graduates with relevant qualifications in pharmacy, medicine, life sciences, nursing or dentistry. The key skills required for medical representatives are; Sales skills, Maturity, Confidence, Patience, Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Full Form Related Links
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 25, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 24, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 23, 2023
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 21, 2023
- JEE Main 2023 Exam Date revised, check new date
- CMS Full Form, Full Form of CMS in IT, Medical, Banking
- EMAIL Full Form, What is the Full Form is EMAIL?
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification January 19, 2023