The full form of SGPT is Serum Glutamic Pyruvic Transaminase. It is an enzyme that can be found in the cells of the liver and heart. If the heart or liver gets damaged, SGPT gets released into the blood. The SGPT levels in the blood can be elevated due to heart diseases such as heart attack, blockage of artery, etc., or liver issues such as Viral Hepatitis. Few medicines are also responsible for increasing the levels of SGPT. Whenever a person suffers a damage in the heart or liver, his SGPT level in blood increases by almost 50 times more than the normal level. To evaluate the functions of these two organs, the doctors conduct SGPT test.
Full Form Related Links
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification Sept. 18, 2021
- MHT CET 2021 exams scheduled on October 3 postponed, Check now
- KEAM Result 2021 Announced, Check KEAM Scores
- IIHMR University PG Diploma Admission 2021 Eligibility, Dates, Application Form
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification Sept. 17, 2021
- CAT 2021 Registration deadline extended, Check New Date
- AFCAT (2) 2021 Results declared, steps to check
- AWMI Full Form, What is the Full form of AWMI?