The full form of BPL is Below Poverty Line. The Government of India has set up this economic benchmark so that it can identify the economically weaker people of the society who need urgent government aid. The government has set up a threshold income. People whose income is below this income are considered BPL. According to a survey, around 30 percent Indian population is BPL. The GoI has launched several schemes to provide basic utilities such as food, clothes, etc., to the people under BPL. According to Suresh Tendulkar Committee, people who earn Rs 27.2 per day in rural areas and Rs 33.3 per day in Urban areas are considered BPL. The different parameters to define BPL are Consumer durables, house type, sanitation, landholding, status of children, etc.
Full Form Related Links
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification Sept. 17, 2021
- CAT 2021 Registration deadline extended, Check New Date
- AFCAT (2) 2021 Results declared, steps to check
- AWMI Full Form, What is the Full form of AWMI?
- AFB Full Form, What is the Full form of AFB ?
- AFI Full Form, What is the Full form of AFI ?
- ATP Full Form, What is the Full form of ATP ?
- AC Full Form, What is the Full form of AC ?