Veermata Jijabai Tech. Institute MCA Entrance Exam Syllabus
- Computer Concepts
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, characteristics of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, primary memory and secondary memory, memory organization, backup devices.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations.
- Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, signed arithmetic and two-complement arithmetic, floating point, representation of numbers, normalized floating point representations. Boolean algebra, truth tables and Venn diagrams.
- Computer architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I/O devices, interrupts, multiprogramming, and virtual memory.
- Computer language: Assembly language and characteristics of high-level language.
- Multiprogramming and Timesharing operating systems
- Computer Programming in C: Data types, expression, evaluation, precedence rules, type conversions, sequential structure, selective structure, repetitive structure, functions (including recursion), arrays, pointers, structures and unions, operations on bits, file processing, preprocessor.
- General Aptitude: The main objectives of this part is to assess the general aptitude of the candidate to pursue a technical profession
- Logical Reasoning: quantitative reasoning, visuo-spatial reasoning, high school mathematics, vocabulary, English comprehension and verbal ability.
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in algebra, expansion, factorization, simultaneous linear / quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, permutations and combinations.
- Geometry: Angles at a point and parallel lines, triangles, polygons of n sides, circles, geometric transformations – particularly similarity, rotation and reflection, areas.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometrical ratios, two-dimensional problems on heights and distances.
- Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, equations of a line, mid-point, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.
- Mensuration: Areas, triangles and quadrilaterals, area and circumference of circles, volumes and surface areas of simple solids such as cubes, spheres, cylinders and cones.
Also Check out >> MCA ENTRANCE EXAM SYLLABUS