UAMCET MCA Entrance Exam Syllabus
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, simultaneous linear/quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations,surds, determinants, matrices and its application to solution of simultaneous linear equations.
- Co-ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a line, mid point, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous functions, differentiation of functions(s), Tangents and Normals, simple examples of maxima and minima, Integration of function by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integral application to volumes and surfaces of frustums of a sphere, cone, cylinder, Taylor Series.
- Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients and homogenous linear differential equations.
- Vector: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse functions.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting and principle of least squares, correlation and regression.
- Linear Programming: Formulation of simple linear programming problems, basic concepts of graphical and simplex methods.
2. Computer Awareness
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit(CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices.
- Data Representation: binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, single arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, Boolean algebra, truth tables.
- Flow chart and Algorithms.
3. Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: The questions in this section will cover logical reasoning, quantitative reasoning, visuo-spatial reasoning.
4. General Awareness: This section will cover questions to test the general awareness about business, finance, industry, transportation, scientific inventions, governance, healthcare and cultural dimensions etc.
Also Check out >> MCA ENTRANCE EXAM SYLLABUS