NIT Rourkela MCA Entrance Exam Syllabus
MATHEMATICS : (40 questions)
- Set Theory : Concepts of sets – Union – Intersection – Cardinality – Elementary counting, permutations and combinations
- Probability and Statistics : Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions.
- Algebra : Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansions, Factorization, simultaneous linear/quadratic equations, indices, logarithms- arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices .
- Coordinate Geometry : Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equations of a line, intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.
- Calculus : Limit of functions, Continuous functions, Differentiation of functions, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of function by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction; Definite integrals, Applications of Definite Integrals to areas.
- Vectors : Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry : Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, General solutions of trigonometric equations.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY AND LOGICAL REASONING: (60 questions)
- The questions in this section will cover logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude. Some of the questions will be on comprehension of a logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
COMPUTER AWARENESS: (10 questions)
- Computer Basics : Organization of a Computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, back-up devices.
- Data Representation : Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
GENERAL ENGLISH: (10 questions)
- Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidates’ general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the following topics.
- Comprehension, Vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), Word power, Synonyms and Antonym
Also Check out >> MCA ENTRANCE EXAM SYLLABUS
sir plz tell me want to do MCA after BCA i can do it
or not from NIT Rourke , also mention passing marks.