IIT Roorkee MCA Entrance Exam Syllabus
- Algebra: Set theory and its simple applications. Basic concepts of groups, fields and vector spaces.
- Matrices: Rank of a matrix. Existence and uniqueness of solution of a system of linear equation. Eigen values and Eigen vectors. Inverse of a matrix by elementary transformations.
- Differential Calculus: Differentiation, Partial differentiation, Taylor series and approximate calculations. Maxima and minima of functions of one and two variables.
- Integral Calculus: Single and multiple integration. Definite integrals, Change of order and change of variables. Application to evaluation of area, surface and volume.
- Differential Equations: First order differential equations, linear differential equations of higher order with constant coefficients.
- Vector Analysis: Vector algebra, Gradient.
- Numerical Analysis: Solution of non linear equations using iterative methods. Interpolation (Lagrange’s formula and Newton’s formulae for equidistant points). Numerical differentiation and integration (Trapezoidal and Simpson’s rules)
- Probability: Basic concepts of probability theory. Binomial and Poisson distributions.
- Linear Programming: Formulation and its graphical solution for two variable problems.
Elements of computers. Number systems. Basic electronic gates. Boolean algebra. Flip-Flops. Algorithmic approach to solve problems. Fundamentals of C language.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY AND GENERAL AWARENESS
Simple questions will be asked to test the analytical ability and general awareness of candidates.
Weightages in the MCA Test Paper for Mathematics, Computer Awareness and Analytical Ability & General Awareness components will be in the ratio 4:2:1.
Also Check out >> MCA ENTRANCE EXAM SYLLABUS