Examination for Enrollment of GST Practitioners to be conducted by NACIN
NACIN to Conduct Examination for Enrollment of GST Practitioners – The National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes and Narcotics (NACIN) has released the notification for Examination for Confirmation of Enrollment of GST Practitioners (GSTPs). NACIN has been authorized for conduction of the said examination in terms of the sub-rule (3) of Rule 83 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017.
According to the notification, the next two examinations in year 2019 shall be conducted on June 14, 2019 and December 2, 2019 (from 1100 hrs to 1330 hrs) for GSTPs falling under STPEL/TRPEL categories at designated examination centers across India.
The GSTPs enrolled on the GST Network under sub-rule (2) of Rule 83 and covered by clause (b) of sub-rule (1) of Rule 83, i.e. those Meeting the eligibility criteria of having enrolled as Sales Tax Practitioners or Tax Return Preparer under the existing law for a period not less than five years, are required to pass the said examination before 31.12.2019 in terms of Notification no. 03/2019-Central Tax dated 29.01.2019. Hence the examination scheduled to be held on December 12, 2019 will be their last chance to appear, failing which they shall not be given another opportunity/chance.
Meanwhile, the registration portal for exam scheduled for June 14, 2019 will be activated on May 21, 2019 and will remain open till June 4, 2019.The applicants are required to make online payment of examination fee of Rs. 500/- at the time of registration for this exam.
Pattern and Syllabus of the Examination
- Time allowed: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Number of Multiple Choice Questions: 100
- Language of Questions: English and Hindi
- Maximum marks: 200
- Qualifying marks: 100
- No negative marking
- Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
- Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
- State Goods and Services Tax Acts, 2017
- Union Territory Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
- Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Act, 2017
- Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017
- Integrated Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017
- All State Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017
- Notifications, Circulars and orders issued from time to time
Note: As GST Law and Procedures are still evolving, the various items of the above syllabus will be considered as on 1.4.2019 for the purpose of this examination.
See: Entrance Exam Dates