MBBS Course fee may get affordable in India
MBBS fee in Private Medical Colleges may be slashed by 50% -The Union Health Ministry has asked the Board of Governors (BOG) grant with the power of Medical council of India (MCI) to prepare draft guidelines to regulate the fee structure in private medical colleges and deemed universities for the next academic session as reported by Livemint
According to the source it will give a big relief to the medical aspirant as a panel has been considering slashing the fees of private medical colleges by 50% for graduate and post graduate seats by 70 and 90 percent respectively.
BoG had a consultation with states and sought their suggestions for framing draft guidelines for the fee structure
Currently fees for 50 percent of MBBS seats in private medical colleges in a number of states, including Delhi and Maharashtra charge around Rs. 25 lakh annually and fee for the three-year PG courses in several medical colleges ranges between one to three crore. See Top 25 Medical Colleges in India
With this reduction planned by the BoG, fees in private medical colleges will range between Rs. 6 to10 lakh.
The NMC Act, which has been brought in for improvement in the medical education sector, received the consent of the President on August 8 and was notified the same day. NMC Act was set up for development and regulation of all aspects of medical education, profession and institutions.
The Clause 1 of sub-section (1) of section 10 of the NMC Act 2019 empowers the Commission to frame guidelines for determination of fees and all other charges in respect of 50 percent of seats in private medical institutions and deemed to be universities government under the NMC Act 2019.
Meanwhile, the ministry has also asked private medical and dental colleges across the country to charge fee for only the first year from students at the time of admission.
Nearly 50 per cent of total MBBS seats in the country are in government colleges, which have nominal fees. Of the remaining seats, 50 per cent would be regulated by NMC.
- Top 20 Government Medical Colleges (MBBS) Colleges in India
- Top Medical Colleges of Russia
- Top Medical Colleges in Gujarat
- Top Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- Top Medical Colleges in Bihar
- Top Medical colleges in Rajasthan
- Top Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu
- Top Medical Colleges in Bangalore
- Top Medical Colleges in Maharashtra
- Top Medical Colleges in U.P.
- Top Medical Colleges in Kerala
- Top Private Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- Top 10 Government Medical Colleges in India
- Top 20 Physiotherapy Colleges in India
- Top 20 Pharmacy Colleges in India
- Top 10 Dental Colleges in India
- Top Colleges in India
- Top 100 Engineering Colleges in India
- Medical Entrance Exams
- PG Medical Entrance Exams
- Nursing Entrance Exams
- Dental Entrance Exams