The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in India has led to postponement of various examinations scheduled to be held in the month of March and April 2020. Many states have announced the closure of school and colleges till March 31, 2020 as a preventive measure to stop the virus from spreading.
Nearly 200 (191) people have been infected by the deadly virus across the country with 4 casualties. Globally, the virus has infected over 2 lakh people and killed nearly 10,000 people. The most affected country with COVID-19 coronavirus is China and Italy with more than 3000 casualties. The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared it as a global pandemic.
Here is the list of Exams postponed in India
- CBSE 10 and 12 Board Exams 2020: Class 10 and 12 board examinations which were scheduled to take place between March 19 to 31, have been postponed. The board will notify the new dates after March 31.
- ICSE Class 10 and 12 Board Exams: CISCE has postponed its ongoing board exams of class 10th and 12th from March 19 till March 31.
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Mains 2020 April: The JEE Mains examination slated to take place on April 05, 2020, has also been postponed.
- NIOS: NIOS or National Institute of Open Schooling has postponed secondary and senior secondary examination till March 31.
- Bihar D.El.Ed. Joint Entrance Exam 2020: Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) has postponed its Bihar D.El.Ed joint entrance exam 2020 that was scheduled for March 28
- BSEH Haryana Board 10th, 12th Exams 2020 : The Board of School Education, Haryana (BSEH) has postponed BSEH class 10 and 12 exams remaining exams which were scheduled from March 19 to 31
- MAH MCA CET 2020 Exam: The Maharashtra MCA CET 2020 exam that was scheduled for March 28 has been postponed to march 30
- GUJCET 2020 : Gujarat Secondary and Higher Education Board (GSEB), Gandhinagar has announced the postponement of GUJCET 2020. The exam will now be conducted after April 15,
Several Competitive Exams have also been postponed in view of the ongoing situation in the country due to the coronavirus outbreak. Some of them are as follows:-
- BPSC Assistant Engineer Exam
- ITBP Constable Examination
- Kerala PSC Recruitment 2020 exam
- Maharashtra Public Service Commission Recruitment 2020 Exam
UPSC has postponed the Personality Tests (Interviews) of the candidates of Civil Services (Main) Exam slated to take place from March 23, 2020, to April 03, 2020.