Exam Date for Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) 2021 announced
The National Centre for Radio Astrophysics and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research has released the exam dates of Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) 2021. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai is the organizing institution for JEST 2021.
According to the schedule, the JEST 2021 exam is scheduled to be held on April 11, 2021. The online application process for the same will begin from January 11 and will conclude on February 14, 2021.
JEST is a screening test for admission to PhD and Int. PhD program offered by different participating institutes in physics and theoretical computer science / neuroscience.
Candidates with any of the degrees including– Bsc (Physics or Mathematics) for Msc and Integrated PhD bachelors in Engineering or Bachelors in Technology and Masters in Engineering are eligible to appear for JEST 2021.
The JEST examination is conducted for two subjects namely, physics and theoretical computer science. The Exam will be conducted in English language only. The exam will have 50 Multiple Choice Questions. The question paper will be divided in to three sections.
The institutions that use the JEST score for admission include
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc Bangalore)
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER Berhampur, IISER Bhopal, IISER Kolkata, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram, and IISER Tirupati)
- Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) Pune
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) Bangalore
- National Brain Research Centre (NBRC) Gurgaon
- NCRA-TIFR Pune
- Physics Research Laboratory (PRL) Ahmedabad
- Raman Research Institute (RRI) Bangalore
- SN Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS) Kolkata
- TIFR Mumbai
- TIFR-TCIS Hyderabad
- UGC-DAE-Consortium for Scientific Research (CSR) Indore.
Further, constituent institutes of Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI) Mumbai, Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI) Allahabad, Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR) Kalpakkam, Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc) Chennai, Institute of Physics (IOP) Bhubaneswar, IPR Gandhinagar, NISER Bhubaneswar, Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT) Indore, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP) Kolkata, and Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC) Kolkata also consider the JEST score for admission