Registration Process for JEE Advanced 2021 begins
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, the organizing institute of JEE (Advanced) 2021 has begun the registration process on its official website. The application window for JEE Advanced 2021 will remain open till September 20, 2021(5:00 pm) and the application fee can be paid till September 21, 2021 (5:00 pm)
Candidates are required to pay the registration fees of Rs.1400/- (female candidates and SC/ST/PWD category candidates) and Rs. 2800/- for other candidates.
Earlier the registration process was scheduled to begin from September 11, 2021 but was deferred due to a delay in publication of JEE Main 2021 session 4 results.
JEE Advanced 2021 is scheduled to be held on October 3, 2021. The exam was earlier scheduled to be held on July 3, 2021, but was postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Steps to Apply for JEE Advanced 2021
- Go to the JEE Advanced 2021 official website – jeeadv.ac.in
- On the homepage, register on the login window using JEE Main 2021 login id and password
- Students can make a new password for JEE Advanced through the given options
- Fill in the JEE Advanced 2021 application form with all asked details
- Upload the scanned documents as asked
- Pay the JEE Advanced application fee through prescribed gateways
- Submit and save the application form for future use
Top 2.5 lakh candidates who qualify the JEE Main examination are eligible to apply for JEE advanced examination. Applicants who could not take JEE Advanced 2020 due to the ongoing pandemic will get a chance to reappear in JEE Advanced 2021 directly, without having to take the JEE Main 2021 exam.
The percentage of candidates to be selected for the exam in each category are 10% for GEN-EWS, 27% for OBC-NCL, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, and the remaining 40.5% is open for all. Each of these categories has a 5% horizontal reservation for PwD candidates.