CBSE Alert to students against rumors on Social Media
CBSE Advisory to Students, Parents against rumors on social media – The Central Board of Secondary Education has released the instruction to candidates and alert against fake / frivolous information on Social Media. The board has advised students and parents to be aware of any rumours on social media ahead of board examinations and asked them not to get panic.
CBSE press released read as “It has been noticed in the past that certain unscrupulous elements spread rumours by posting fake videos and messages on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms, obviously with the intention of spreading confusion and panic among students, parents, schools and public,” Through this notice, persons involved in such activities are warned and advised to restrain themselves from such activities.
It also mentions that, in case, any such information comes to the notice of the CBSE, immediate necessary action as per provisions of law will be taken by the CBSE.
The board has also appealed the general public to cooperate with them to conduct the exam smoothly and not to participate in spreading rumors on baseless information.
The CBSE Board Exam for class 12 students began on February 15 and for class 10 students began on February 21 with Vocational subjects.
CBSE Important Instructions to all parents and students
- Students must visit their allotted examination centres before examinations so that on the day of examination they reach the correct centre and on time.
- On the day of examinations, they should leave their residence keeping in view the traffic, weather conditions and distance, etc. so that they report at the centre latest by 9.45 AM.
- No candidate will be allowed entry in the examination centre after 10.00 AM.
- For enabling proper identification and to avoid delay in checking at entry, regular students must be in school uniform, and private candidates should prefer light clothes.
- Candidates must carry only permissible items at the examination centres as given in Admit Card.
- No communication devices and other similar gadgets are permitted inside examination centres.