CBSE Board Exam 2024 Form submission date extended for private candidates
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has extended the board examination 2024 form submission date for private candidates. As per the notification, candidates can now submit Class 10, 12 Board Exams 2024 Form on the official website, i.e., cbse.gov.in without late fee till October 18, 2023 and will late fee of Rs. 2000 from October 19 to 25, 2023. Students who missed the initial application deadline which was October 11, 2023 still have an opportunity to submit their forms for the 2024 board exam
The exam fee for five subjects is Rs 1500 and Rs 300 for each extra subject. The candidates who will appear for compartment, additional, and improvement exams will have to pay Rs 300. The practical exam fee for each subject is Rs 100. The fee can be paid online through Net banking, debit card or a credit card.
CBSE will be conducting the examinations for the private candidates from February 15 to April 10, 2024 along with the main board’s examination.
The eligibility criteria for private students who can appear for the examination is as follows –
- Candidates from the session 2022–23 who are declared “essential repeat” in the exam in 2023–23
- Students from the 2022–23 academic year who have been assigned to a compartment in the board’s main test in 2023
- Candidates who were assigned to a compartment at the first-chance compartment exam
- Candidates declared failed or essential repeat in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
- Applicants from the classes of 2022 and 2023 who wish to reappear in order to improve their performance in one or more subjects
- Qualified candidates from 2022 and 2023 who want to take an additional subject
- Female aspirants who are Delhi residents.
- Candidates with special needs who live in Delhi and have reached the age limit for Class 10 or 12
As per the notification, private candidates cannot take subjects that have laboratory practice involved. However, Women private students (Delhi only) can offer Home Science with Practical.
For more details, candidates are requested to visit the official website of CBSE