Registration for CBSE Class 10, 12 Board Exams 2024 begins for private candidates
CBSE Board Exam 2024 registration for private students – The Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE) has begun the online registration for Class 10 and Class 12 Board Exams 2024 for private candidates from today i.e. September 12, 2023 onwards on the board’s official website. Interested and eligible students can register themselves through the official website: cbse.gov.in. The last date to submit the application form is October 11, 2023 without late fee and till October 19, 2023 with a late fee of Rs 2000.
The exam fee for five subjects is Rs 1500 and Rs 300 for each extra subject. The candidates who will appear for compartment, additional, and improvement exams will have to pay Rs 300. The practical exam fee for each subject is Rs 100. The fee can be paid online through Net banking, debit card or a credit card.
CBSE will be conducting the examinations for the private candidates from February to April 2024 along with the main board’s examination.
The eligibility criteria for private students who can appear for the examination is as follows –
- Candidates from the session 2022–23 who are declared “essential repeat” in the exam in 2023–23
- Students from the 2022–23 academic year who have been assigned to a compartment in the board’s main test in 2023
- Candidates who were assigned to a compartment at the first-chance compartment exam
- Candidates declared failed or essential repeat in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
- Applicants from the classes of 2022 and 2023 who wish to reappear in order to improve their performance in one or more subjects
- Qualified candidates from 2022 and 2023 who want to take an additional subject
- Female aspirants who are Delhi residents.
- Candidates with special needs who live in Delhi and have reached the age limit for Class 10 or 12
As per the notification, private candidates cannot take subjects that have laboratory practice involved. However, Women private students (Delhi only) can offer Home Science with Practical.
Candidates can check more details on the official website.