Registration deadline for IIM Common Admission Test (CAT) 2020 extended
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore has extended the last date to register for IIM Common Admission Test (CAT) 2020 from September 16 to September 23, 2020. Candidates can now register for CAT 2020 till 5 pm on September 23, 2020.
IIM Indore will conduct the CAT 2020 in computer-based test mode on November 29, 2020, at various centre’s spread across the country
Steps to apply for IIM CAT 2020
- Step 1: Visit the official website – iimact.ac.in
- Step 2: On the homepage, click on ‘Register’ tab if you are a new candidate, click login if you already have an account.
- Step 3: A registration form will appear. Enter the required information correctly.
- Step 4: Key in your mobile number and email ID very carefully.
- Step 5: You will then get an OTP on your mobile number
- Step 6: Key in the OTP and proceed
- Step 4: Upload documents and proceed
- Step 5: Enter your academic qualifications and submit
- Step 6: Enter your work experience, if any
- Step 7: Select the programs you want to enroll for
- Step 8: Pay the application fee.
IIM, Indore has also announced some major changes in the exam pattern for Common Admission Test (CAT) 2020. As per the IIM press release, the exam will be conducted in three sessions and the duration of each session will be of 120 minutes. Till last year the exam was conducted in two sessions and each session was for three hours duration.
The question paper will have three sections namely: verbal ability and reading comprehension, data interpretation and logical reasoning, and quantitative ability. Candidates will get 40 minutes to solve each section and they will not be allowed to switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
The press release also mentioned that the tutorials to understand the new format of the test will be available on the CAT website from October 2020. Candidates are advised to work on the tutorials available on the CAT website well in advance.