INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION TO THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMMES FOR THE SESSION COMMENCING JULY 2007
India Gandhi National Open University is a Central University established in 1985 by an Act of Parliament and funded directly by the Ministry of Human Resources Development Govt. of India.
It is a National Resource Centre of Open and Distance Learning with international recognition and presence. It provides seamless access to sustainable and learner- centric quality education, Skill up gradation, training and capacity building across the country and abroad by making use of innovative technologies in distance education, open learning and on- line teaching learning methodologies.
The University provides multi- channel multiple media teaching learning packages for instruction and self- instructional print and audio- video materials, interactive radio and television broadcasts, Face-to-face counselling, laboratory and hands-on experience, tele and video-conferencing, interactive multimedia CD-ROM and internet –based learning.
With the availability of Edu. Sat, the University is poised to take giant steps towards ICT, web and Satellite based education across the globe and pursue flexible and blended learning further.
Master’s Degree Programmes
- Master of Science in Dietetics and Food Service Management [M.Sc. (DFSM)]
- Master of Arts (English) (MGF)
- Master of Arts (Hindi) (MHD)
- Master of Arts (History) (MAH)
- Master of Arts (Political Science) (MPS)
- Master of Arts (M.Com)
- Master of Arts (Public Administration) (MPA)
- Master of Arts (Sociology) (MSO)
- Master of Arts (Economics) (MES)
- Master of Arts (Rural Development) (MARD)
- Master of Library and information Science (MLIS)
- Master of Arts (Tourism Management) (MTM)
Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
- Bachelor of Tourism Studies (BTS)
- Bachelor of Library and information Science (BLIS)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
The ‘Student Handbook & Prospectus can be obtained from all the Regional Centers, Sub Regional Centers of IGNOU or from Registrar, SR & E Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068, in person on payment of Rs. 50/- (Rupees fifty only) in cash or through post by sending an IPO/ Demand Draft of Rs. 100/- (Rupees hundred Only) drawn in favour in favour of IGNOU payable at the city from where the prospectus is required. Please write your name and address on the backside of the DD/IPO. An electronic version of the Prospectus is also available at IGNOU website at https://www.ignou.ac.in Application from can be downloaded from the website and submitted along with DD of Rs. 50/- in addition to the programme fee. Sale of Prospectus will Commence from 28 th May 2007 .
LAST DATE: i) To receive the requisition for supply of Student Handbook by post – 15.07.2007. (ii) Submission of filled- in forms at the concerned Regional Centre- 31.07.2007
Addresses of Regional Centers:
(1) H.No. 3-5-909, Himayat Nager, Rahul Chamber Main Road Hyderabad – 500029. (2) JNR Mahavidyalaya Port Blair -744104, Andaman & Nicobar Islands. (3) Navagiri Road , 1 st Bye-Lane, Chandmari, Guwahati-781003.(4)2 nd Floor, BISCOMAUN Tower , Wet Gandhi Mainsan Patna -800001.(5) 52,Tughlakabad Instt.Area, Near Batra Hospital , New Delhi-110062.(6) Opp. Nirma Instt. Of Technology, Sarkhej-Gandhi Nagar, Highway, Chharodi Ahmedabad-382481.(7) Old Govt.Collage Campus ,Railway Station Road Karnal-132001.(8) Rain Basera Building, Chauhan Niwas, Khalini, Shimla-171002. (9) N.S.S.S. Lalyan Kendra No. 293, 39 th cross, 8 th Block Jayanagar, Bangalore-560082. (10) Kaloor, Cochin-682017 (11) Sanchi Complex, OppBoard of Secondary Edn.., Shivaji Nagar., Bhopal– 462016 (12) 3 rd Floor MSFC Builiding, 270,Senapati Bapat Road ,Pune-411016.(13) Sunny Lodge,Nongrhyammi, Nong shiliong, Shillong– 793014.(14) C-1 Insitutional Area, Bhubaneshwar– 751013.(15) 70/79-84,Secotor-7, Patel Marg, Mansarovar, Jaipur– 302020.(16) C.I.T. Campus Taramani,Chennai-600113.(17) B-1/33, Sect,- Haliganj,Lucknow– 226024.(18) Bikash Bhawan, 4 th Floor North Block, Salt lake, Bidhan Nagar,Kolkata-700091.(19) Gandhi Smriti & Darshan Samti Rajghat,New Delhi-110002.(20) APMR Collage of Commerce Canal Road Jammu– 180001 (21) Mantoo House, Raj Bagh, Near Majid AL-Farooq,Sir Nagar– 190008 (22) Nanoor, Khera, Tapovan Raipur Toad, Dehradun – 248001 (23) 457/A,Ashok Nagae, Ranchi – 834002 (24) Gairigaon, PO. Tadong, Shumbuk House Gangtok , Sikkim – 737102 (25) Hornhill comples,’C’ Sector (Near central Sch.) Naharlagun Itanagar– 791110 (26) Asha Jain Complex, North AOC , Imphal, Manipur– 795001, ( 27) Lal Huaia Building M.G. Road Khatla (Near CenterYAM OFF.) Aizwal, Mizoram –706001 (28) MBB Collage compound, PO . Agartala College Agartala Tripura 799004 (29) NH. 39 Opp. Dzuvrtu (Mhon Khola) I.O.C. Lohima Nagaland – 797001 (30) ITI Building Bulepur (Sistrict Ludhiana) Khanna– 141401 (31) Rest Housr & EM Office Hall, Sector-1 Shankar Nagar Raipur-492007 (Chhattisgarh) (32) 2 ND FLR, Rajshelhar Bhavan Arts Building, Rani Durgavati Vishvavidhylya Campus Pachpedhi Jabalpur– 482001 (Madhya Pradesh)(33) Distt, Agriculture office Road Behind Panchayat Bhavan Koraput 764020 (Orissa) (34) Dept. Of Cont. Deu. Building Saurashtra University Campus Rajkot– 360005 Gujarat (35) Corporation school Building Pichai Pillai Chavadi Theni Main Road Madurai 625016 (36) LNMU Campus Kameshwar Nagar Darbhanga Bihar 846004 (37) 2/669 D-10 Gali no. 3 Rambagh Colony Ramghat Road Aligarh 202001 (38) IGNOU Sub RC, Gandhi Bhawan BHU Campus Varanasi Uttar Pradesh– 221005 (39) East Vivekananda Pally, Raja Ram Mohan Ray Road Siliguri- 734006.
Note: Application from Army, Air Force Navy A. Riffles and CRPF can obtain “ Student Handbook & Prospectus” from the following Recognized Regional Centers:
(40) Brig .Edu. HQ Central Command Lucknow , U.P . (41) Col.Edu HQ Northern Command Udhampur, J&K(42) Col.Edu HQ Western command Chandimandir, Haryana(43) Col. Edu HQ Southern Command Pune Mahrashtra (44) col. Edu HQ Eastern Command Kolkata W.B. (45) HQ WAC, IAF Subroto Park New Delhi – 10010 (46) HQ CAC, IFA, Bamrauli Allahabad– 211012 (47) HQ EAC IAF C/O –99 APO –Shillong, Meghalaya (48) HQ MC, IFA Vayusena Nagar Nagpur440007 (49) HQ SWAC, IAF, Sec-9 Gandhi Nagar Gujarat–382009 (50) HQ SAC, IAF Post: Akkulum, Rrivandrum – 695011 (51) HQ TC, IFA, Post: JC Nagar Bangalore- 560006 (52) 68, Race Course, AF Stn. New Delhi-110066 (53) NAVAL HQ R.K. Puram New Delhi – 110066 (54) HQ Western Naval Command Mumbai– 400023 (55) HQ Eastern Naval Command Visakhapatnam– 530014 (56) HQ Southern Naval Command Kochi– 682004 (57) Directorate General Assam Rifles (DGAR) Laitumukhrah Shillong-793003 (58) Group Center CRPF, Jharodakalan, New Delhi 110071 (59) Group Centre CRPF, Avadi, Chennai-600065 (60) Group Centre CRPF Amerigon, Guwahati Assam– 781023 (61) Bantalab Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir– 181123 (62) Group Center CRPF, Lucknow– 226002 (63) Group Center CRPF, Gandhinagar, Gujarat– 382042 (64) GC,CRPF, Hayderabad – 500005.
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110 068