Current Affairs and Latest GK for the Week 18 to 24 August 2020
Latest GK & Current Affairs for the Week 18 to 24 August 2020 – This Video presents the Latest Current Affairs in MCQ format covering the Current Affairs during the week 18 to 24 August 2020. Topics related to Science and technology, Space research, Awards and honours, Entertainment, Sports, Politics, etc are covered in this Video. The important details of the current affairs are also discussed in the video so that all possible questions can be prepared.
See Latest Current Affairs for the Week 18 to 24 August 2020 Video
Current Affairs Questions covered in this Video
1. According to the Swachh Survekshan 2020, how many cities have been rated as 5-star cities?
2 According to the Swachh Survekshan 2020, which is the cleanest among capital cities?
3. Who among the following is the head of the national council for transgender persons constituted by the Centre?
4. The government has launched ‘Open API Service’ on its Aarogya Setu mobile app. API is Application Programming ___.
5. Which IIT inaugurated an Academy of Classical and Folk Arts on its campus recently?
6. Which of the following has been ranked No: 1 in the ‘Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements’?
7. Ministry of ____ is the new name of the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
8. Which central ministry launched a quarterly e-newsletter on health and nutrition titled ‘ALEKH’ in August?
9. Which organisation has procured Ninja unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for monitoring its assets?
10. IPS Officer Rakesh Asthana is the Director General of:
11. The Ministry of External Affairs in partnership with the Foreign Ministry of ____ organized the 6th Round Table of ASEAN-India Network of Think Tanks (AINTT) on August 20-21, 2020.
12. India, Japan and Australia are considering the launch of a trilateral Supply Chain ____ Initiative (SCRI) to reduce dependency on China.
13. Which country displayed missiles named after its martyrs Qassem Soleimani and Abu Mahdi in August?
14. Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST) has set up portable hospital infrastructure for COVID -19 in collaboration with ‘Modulus Housing’, a start-up incubated by IIT, ____.
15. World’s hottest temperature of 54.4 degrees Celsius in a century was recorded in which country on August 16?
16. The government on August 21, 2020 appointed ___ as the Managing Director (MD) of the State Bank of India (SBI)
17. Which women’s table tennis player has won the 2020 Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award?
18. Which of the following pairs of Arjuna Award winners at the 2020 National Sports Awards is not matched correctly?
19. Nandan P. Bal has won Dhyan Chand Award at the 2020 National Sports Awards for which sport?
20. Satendra Singh has been selected for the Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award at the 2020 National Sports Awards for:
21. Which of the following has won 2019 Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Trophy at the 2020 National Sports Awards?
22. Which of the following announced merger with Bharti AXA general insurance in August?
23. Which MNC bank has launched a Green Deposit programme for corporate clients to finance eco-friendly projects in India?
24. The US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) has selected ____ and Shantanu Narayen for its 2020 Leadership Awards.
25. Which Spanish club won the Europa League football title by beating Inter Milan in the final played at Lisbon on August 21?