ONGC Recruitment 2018 for graduates – ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Limited (OMPL) invited applications for the engagement of Graduate and Technician Apprentice Trainee. Eligible candidates can apply for the posts in the prescribed format on or before 24th November 2018.
OMPL Mangalore Recruitment 2018 (ONGC Recruitment 2018) Petrochemicals Ltd.
Check the recruitment details announced by ONGC Mangalore
- Engagement of Graduate/Technician Apprentice Trainee as per the Apprentices Act, 1961/ Apprentices Amendment Act, 1973 (as amended from time to time)
- ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Limited (OMPL) is promoted by Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) and Mangalore Refinery & Petrochemicals Limited (OMPL) to produce about 913.70 KTPA of Paraxylene and about 283.10 KTPA of Benzene
- OMPL is a subsidiary of MRPL. The Company is likely to be scheduled as required by Department of Public Enterprises, Govt. of India.
Post and Vacancies announced! (MRPL Recruitment 2018)
- Number of vacancies to be filled in OMPL is 12. Out of which
a) Graduate Apprentice Training – 07 Posts
- Chemical Engineering – 02 Posts
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering – 03 Posts
- Electronics & Communication Engineering – 01 Post
- Mechanical Engineering – 01 Post
b) Technician Apprentice Trainee – 05 Posts
- Chemical Engineering – 02 Posts
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering – 02 Posts
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering – 01 Post
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in the year 2016, 2017 and 2018 only need to apply.
- Candidates who have completed and possess the essential qualification as on last date of submission of online application are only eligible to apply. Candidates who are appearing at the qualifying exam/awaiting result of qualifying exam/who do not have mark sheets and degree/diploma certificate (either provisional or final) are NOT ELIGIBLE for applying.
- Candidates who have been engaged previously as apprentice/are undergoing apprenticeship training at OMPL or elsewhere under the Apprentices Act, 1961/ Apprentices Amendment Act, 1973 (as amended from time to time) are not eligible to apply
- Candidates who have got more than one year of work experience are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates applying against Un-reserved training positions should have minimum 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam (Engineering Degree/Diploma)
- Candidates applying against training positions reserved for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) should have minimum 45% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam (Engineering Degree/Diploma). Candidates belonging to SC/ST/ PWD category should have minimum 40% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam (Engineering Degree/Diploma)
- In case CGPA/OGPA/Grade is awarded by university, the equivalent percentage will be derived based on the formula provided by the University for converting the grade to percentage. If no formula is prescribed by the University, the equivalence in percentage of marks will be established by multiplying the CGPA/OGPA/Grade by a factor of 10 subject to the condition that the candidate has to submit documentary proof that the University does not have any formula for conversion of CGPA/OGPA/Grade to percentage
- Relaxation in percentage of marks in the qualifying examination for SC/ST category is applicable only to the posts reserved for SC/ST as the case may be
- All the qualifications specified above should be recognized by Board of Technical Education / UGC/AICTE
Selection Process for ONGC Recruitment 2018
- The first stage of short-listing of candidates will be done based on the percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in the base qualification of Engineering/Diploma. The candidates will be listed in the descending order of their marks obtained in base qualification
- The top candidates listed will be called for written test in the ratio of 1:25 (i.e. 1 Post: 25 candidates in each category of SC/ST/OBC/UR in the order of merit.
Written Test (Duration- 90 Minutes)
- The WRITTEN TEST will comprise of 50 objective questions with Multiple Choice from the concerned discipline/domain/subject for 50 marks
- All questions carry equal 1 mark. There will be no negative marking.
- The Question Papers for Written Test will be in English.
- Candidates who are selected as graduate apprentice trainee will get stipend of Rs.4,984/-, technician apprentice will get stipend of Rs.3542/-
OMPL Recruitment 2018 Application Form
- The eligible candidates can apply through official website www.ompl.co.in from 25th October 2018 to 24th November 2018
- A candidate fulfilling the eligibility criteria shall click on the link “Engagement of Apprentice: Advt. No. 04/2018”. No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
- Before filling the application online, candidate has to ensure that he/she is fulfilling the advertised specifications by reading the detailed advertisement available on the link “Detailed advertisement- Advt. No.04/2018”
- The list of shortlisted candidates for written test shall be published in ompl.co.in 15 days prior to the written test
- The Admit Card for the Written Test indicating the time and venue of examination for each candidate will be sent via registered Email id, 15 days prior to the date of examination
- Candidates, who are not received the admit card by Email, should contact at email ID [email protected]
Important Dates for OMPL Recruitment 2018
- Date of Opening of Online Application Portal: 25th October 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Online Applications: 24th November 2018
- Availability of Admit card for Written Test: 15 days prior to date of written test
ONGC Mangalore (MRPL Recruitment 2018)
ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Limited (A Subsidiary of Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited), CIN NO: U40107KA2006GOI041258 – MSEZ, Permude, Mangalore-574509, Website www.ompl.co.in