Production engineering as career option in India is a lucrative profession. Production engineering is a combination of manufacturing technology with management science. A production engineer typically has a wide knowledge of engineering practices and is aware of the management challenges encountered during various phases of production. The aim of production engineer is to accomplish the production process in the smoothest and most-economic way.
Production Engineering – The overview
Production engineering is the convoluted design and cautious planning that goes into creating a product. Production engineering is a process subsuming everything from the initial usage of raw materials to the finished goods made available to consumers
Production engineers’ prime responsibility is to make the process of manufacturing accomplish without any obstacles. Production engineering encompasses the application of castings, machining processing, joining processes, metal cutting & tool design, metrology, machine tools, machining systems, automation, jigs and fixtures, die and mould design, material science, design of automobile parts, And machine designing and manufacturing.
Eligibility criteria for Petroleum engineering:
B.E./B.Tech Courses: (Eligibility: 10+2 with Science subjects)
M.E./M.Tech Courses: (Eligibility: BE/B.Tech in production engineering)
PhD Courses: PhD can be pursued by candidates interested in research areas.
You must pass the qualifying entrance exam of the institution offering the program. Getting good JEE score will help you in getting admissions to the best colleges.
Also see: Top Engineering Entrance Exams
Some institutes having production engineering in India
- A.R. College of Engineering and Technology
- Adhiyamaan College of Engineering
- Anjuman-I-Islam’s M.H. Saboo Siddik College of Engineering University of Mumbai
- Birla Institute of Technology (bit) Deoghar
- Birla Institute of Technology-Mesra Jharkhand
- Birla Institute of Technology (bit) Patna
- Birla Institute of Technology-Mesra Bihar
- Gujarat Technological University Gujarat
- Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology
- Chennai Institute of Technology
- D.Y. Patil College of Engineering & Technology
- Shivaji University Maharashtra
- Delhi Technological University
Core subjects of production engineering:
A breadth of subjects like Engineering Materials, Machining Science, Welding, Forming, Casting, CAD/CAM/CIM, Tool Design, Process Engineering and Tooling, Mechatronics and management
Important duties of production engineer
- Assisting in the design of a product to make sure that it can be produced as quickly and cheaply as possible
- Comparing different materials to find the right balance of quality and cost
- Creating computer simulations to model different ways in which manufacturing could be made more efficient
- Making sure that the factory is able to meet its demands and deadlines
- Debugging problems in the manufacturing process and acting as a go-between for different departments to make sure those problems are fixed
The top recruiters include National Thermal Power Corporation, Indraprastha Gas Limited, Aditya Birla, Cairn India, Larsen & Toubro, Reliance Industries and Sterlite Industries.
This article has compiled information from various sources to impart knowledge regarding job prospects and scope of Production engineering as career option in India with a hope to help our subscribers in choosing their desired field of Production engineering as a profession.