SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021 Notification (Out) for 5237 Posts
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021 – State Bank of India (SBI) invites applications from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment as Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales) in clerical cadre in State Bank of India branches spread all over India. Candidates can apply for vacancies in one State only. Candidates can appear for the test only once under this recruitment project. The candidates applying for vacancies of a particular State, should be proficient (reading, writing, speaking and understanding) in the specified opted local language of that State/UT/Special area.
The online registration process has been started from 27th April 2021 to 17th May 2021. Interested candidates can check more details on SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021 Details
- Name of the Board: State Bank of India
- Name of the Post: Clerk (Junior Associates Customer Support & Sales)
- Job Location: All over India
- No. of Vacancy: 5237 Posts
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021 Important Dates
- SBI Clerk 2021 Notification: 26th April 2021
- SBI Clerk 2021 Online Application: 27th April 2021
- SBI Clerk the Last Date to Apply Online: 17th May 2021
- Download of call letter for Preliminary Examination: To Be Notified
- SBI Clerk Exam Date 2021 (Preliminary): June 2021
- Download of call letter for Main Examination: To Be Notified
- SBI Clerk Exam Date (Mains): 31st July 2021
- SBI Clerk 2021 Final Result: To Be Notified
Eligibility Criteria for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021
Age Limit (as on 01st April 2021)
- Not below 20 years and not above 28 years as on 01st April 2021, i.e. candidates must have been born not earlier than 02nd April 1993 and not later than 01st April 2001 (both days inclusive).
- Besides this, there is age relaxation relevant to category wise candidates as per the government rules:
Upper Age Limit
- SC/ST: 33 Years
- OBC: 31 Years
- Person with Disabilities (General): 38 Years
- Person with Disabilities (SC/ST): 43 Years
- Person with Disabilities (OBC): 41 Years
- Jammu & Kashmir Migrants: 33 Years
- Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen: The actual period of service rendered in defence services + 3 years
- 8 years for disabled Ex-servicemen belonging to SC/ST subject to a max. age of 50 years.
- Widows, Divorced, Women (No Married): GEN – 35 Years
- OBC – 38 Years
- SC/ST – 40 Years
- 7 years (subject to the maximum age limit of 35 years for General/EWS, 38 years for OBC & 40 years for SC/ST candidates)
- Indian Citizenship
- A Subject of Nepal or Bhutan OR
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement OR
- A Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India OR
- Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt of India in their favor.
Essential Academic Qualifications: (As on 16th August 2021)
- (a) He/she must hold a valid degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- (b) Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificates should ensure that the date of passing the IDD. Those who are in the final year/semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if provisionally selected, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination.
- (c) Matriculate Ex-servicemen, who have obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force, after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union are also eligible for the post.
- Computer Literacy: Knowledge of computer operation is required for the SBI Clerk exam.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online and no other mode of application will be accepted Candidates will be required to register themselves online through Bank’s website https://bank.sbi/careers OR https://www.sbi.co.in/careers –Recruitment of Junior Associates 2021
- After registration candidates are required to pay the requisite application fee through online mode by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking
- Helpdesk: In case of any problem in filling up the form, payment of fee/ intimation charges or receipt of Admission/call letter, queries may be made at telephone no. 022-22820427 (between 11:00 AM and 05:00 PM on working days) or lodge his/her query on http://cgrs.ibps.in
- Candidates are advised not to forget to mention ‘Recruitment of Junior Associate-2021’ in the subject of the email.
- Pre-requisites for Applying Online: Candidates should have valid email ID & mobile no. which should be kept active till the declaration of results. It will help him/ her in getting call letters/ advice etc. by email/ SMS.
Steps to Apply
- Step 1: Click on the official link, provided above.
- Step 2: Click on the Apply link given on the page. A registration link will open up in the new window.
- Step 3: Click on New Registration in the application window. Then click on the register button.
- Step 4: Candidates need to provide personal credentials like name, parents’ name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, etc.
- Step 5: Click on the submit button to the completed online registration. All the candidates will be issued Registration ID. Then, log in with the provided Registration ID, date of birth, and password to complete registration for SBI Clerk 2021
- Step 6: In the next step, upload photographs and signatures following the requisites mentioned by SBI.
- Step 7: Login with registered ID and password to fill up the Part-2 of the application form.
- Step 8: After filling up the application form, candidates need to preview the application form once to verify the entire data entered
- Step 9: Click on Final Submit button after verifying the entire online SBI Clerk Application Form 2021
- Candidates can download and get print copies of the submitted application form. Finally, submit the application fee either via online mode or offline mode of fee payment.
- SC/ ST/ PWD/XS – NIL
- General/OBC/EWS – Rs. 750/-
Note: Application fees including intimation charges
- The selection process will consist of an on-line test (Preliminary & Main exam) and test of specified opted local language.
- Phase-I – Preliminary Exam: Online Preliminary Exam consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 1-hour duration consisting of 3 Sections as follows:
No. of Question
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th of mark assigned for question will be deducted for each wrong answer’
Phase-II – Main Exam
|Name of Test|
No. of Questions
General/ Financial Awareness
Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
2 Hr. 40 min
- Minimum qualifying marks on aggregate will be decided by the bank.
Test of Specified opted Local Language
- Those who qualify for selection and produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidence having studied the specified opted local language will not be subjected to any Language test.
- In case of others (qualified for selection), specified opted local language test will be conducted after provisional selection but before joining.
- General/Financial Awareness Syllabus – Current Affairs – news on the banking industry, awards, and honours, books and authors, latest appointments, obituaries, new schemes of central and state governments, sports, etc. | Static GK – country-capital, country-currency, headquarters of financial organizations (of insurance companies), constituencies of ministers, dance forms, nuclear and thermal power stations, etc | Banking/Financial terms | Static Awareness | Banking and Financial Awareness
- Reasoning Ability Syllabus – Internet | Machine Input/Output | Syllogism | Blood Relation | Direction Sense | Inequalities | Puzzles | Coding-Decoding | Ranking | Statement and Assumptions
- Computer Awareness Syllabus – Basics of Computer: Hardware | Software | Generation of Computers | DBMS | Networking |Internet | MS Office | Input-Output Devices |Important Abbreviations
- Rs.17900-1000/3-20900-1230/3-24590-1490/4-30550-1730/7-42600-3270/1-45930-1990/1-47920. The starting Basic Pay is Rs.19900/- (Rs.17900/- plus two advance increments admissible to graduates)
- The total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at Metro like Mumbai will be around Rs.29,000/- per month inclusive of D.A., other allowances at the current rate and two additional increments for newly recruited graduate junior associates.
- Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting. They will be eligible for reimbursement of various perquisites, provident fund, Pension under New Pension scheme (Defined Contribution Benefit), Medical, Leave-Fare and other facilities, as per instructions of the Bank as may be issued from time to time.
Call Letters for Exam
- Preliminary Exam: The candidates should download their call letter and an "acquaint yourself booklet" by entering their registration number and password/date of birth from the Bank’s website from 01.06.2021 onwards (Tentatively).
- Main Exam: Candidates qualified for main examination would be able to download their call letter from the Bank’s website (following the instructions available on the screen) from 19.07.2021 onwards (Tentatively).
- At the time of Main Exam: Candidates must bring duly authenticated Preliminary Exam call letter (with authenticated copy of ID proof) as well as Main Exam call letter at the time of Main Exam. These documents along-with other requisite documents need to be submitted during the Main Exam.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website