UPSC CAPF AC 2021 Recruitment Notification released for 159 Assistant Commandant Posts
UPSC CAPF Exam 2021 – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released a notification for recruitment of Central Armed Police Forces – Assistant Commandants (UPSC CAPF AC) Exam 2021.
Applications are invited for the post of Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
A total of 159 vacancies for Assistant Commandants post has been announced by UPSC.
Candidates can check the details on UPSC CAPF Exam 2021 such as eligibility criteria, application process, important dates, exam pattern, and more from the page below.
UPSC CAPF 2021 Highlights
- Here is a quick overview of the UPSC CAPF 2021 exam for the convenience of our readers.
- Name of Exam: Combined Central Armed Police Forces Exam (CAPF exam)
- Conducting Body: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- UPSC CAPF 2021 Notification: 15th April 2021
- Stage of UPSC CAPF Exam: Four Stages
- Mode of Exam: Offline
- Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) – 159 Posts
- BSF – 35 Posts
- CRPF – 36 Posts
- CISF – 67 Posts
- ITBP – 20 Posts
- SSB – 01 Post
UPSC CAPF Exam 2021 Important Dates
- UPSC CAPF Notification Date: 15th April 2021
- Starting Date of CAPF AC Application: 15th April 2021
- Last Date of CAPF AC Registration: 05th May 2021
- UPSC CAPF AC Application Withdrawn Date: 12th May 2021 to 18th May 2021
- UPSC CAPF AC Exam Date: 08th August 2021
- UPSC CAPF AC Admit Card Date: Expected in second or third week of July
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CAPF Exam 2021
- No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the consent of the Central Govt. signified in writing be appointed or employed under these Rules.
- Provided that nothing contained in these rules shall debar the appointment, enrolment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan under these Rules.
- Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandants.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August, 2021, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1996 and not later than 1st August 2001
- The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable.
- upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a SC/ST
- upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to OBC who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- upto a maximum of five years for Civilian Central Government Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the OBC who are also covered under any other clause of Para 3(III)(b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Civilian Central Govt. Servants/Ex-Servicemen, will be eligible
- The term ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Service and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time and the decision on the issue of the eligibility of ex-servicemen shall be governed by the decision taken by the DoP&T on the communication of the UPSC
- The term “Civilian Central Govt. Servants” in Para 3(b)(iii) above will apply to persons who are defined as “Government Servants” in the Central Civil Services (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules, 1965 as amended from time to time
- A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree of a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification
- Candidates should have a passed Degree or equivalent from recognized Board/ University/ Institution.
UPSC CAPF Exam 2021 Application Process
- It is advised that the candidates keep a valid and active email id and contact no. throughout the UPSC CAPF Recruitment Process to receive all the updates related to it. The Steps to apply online for the UPSC CAPF 2021 Exam will comprise of two stages:
- Registration/Login/The steps to apply online is given below
- Click on the upsconline.nic.in or upsc.gov.in.
- Click on the Apply link given on the page. A registration link will open up in the new window.
- Click on New Registration in the application window.
- Provide personal credentials like name, parents’ name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, etc.
- Click on the submit button to the completed online registration form.
- After the Registration, a Registration ID and a password will be sent to your mobile no. and email id.
- Login with the provided Registration ID, date of birth, and password to complete registration for UPSC CAPF AC 2021
- Upload the photograph and signature.
- The candidates will then be required to verify the details. Preview and verify the application form carefully.
- Lastly, pay the required application fee online.
- Take out a print out of the application form for future use.
- The application fee of Rs 200/- (General and Others) can be paid with either online mode or offline mode.
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only
- “Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 12/05/2021 i.e. one day before the closing date; however applicants who have generated their Pay-in- Slip before it is deactivated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date.
- SC/ST/PWD/Female Exempted
- The candidates will be selected through the following four stages of Exam:
- The written examination to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission will be held on 08th August 2021 and will comprise two papers. Paper I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper-II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests
- Interview/Personality Test
- Final Selection / Merit
Physical Efficiency Test
- Candidates who are declared qualified in the written examination will be summoned for Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests. The criteria for the Physical Efficiency Test is given below.
|100 Metre race||16 Seconds||18 Seconds|
|800 Metre race||3 minutes 45 second||4 minutes 45 second|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters 3 chances)||3.0 Meters 3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||4.5 Meters||—|
UPSC CAPF Exam 2021 Exam Pattern
- The Exam Pattern for the UPSC CAPF 2021 Assistant Commandants is given below:
|Paper Name||Question Type||Marks||Time|
|Paper 1 – General Ability & Intelligence||Multiple Choice Questions||250||2 Hours|
|Paper 2 – General Studies, Essay & Comprehension||Descriptive Type Questions||200||3 Hours|
- Language of Question Paper – Hindi & English, excluding English paper
- There will be negative marking of 1/3 marks in Paper 1
- Paper-I is a qualifying in nature for Paper 2
- Ahmedabad; Jammu; Bengaluru; ;Kolkata; Bhopal; Lucknow; Chandigarh; Mumbai; Chennai; Patna; Cuttack; Prayagraj (Allahabad); Delhi; Shillong; Dispur; Shimla; Hyderabad; Thiruvananthapuram; Jaipur;
UPSC CAPF Exam 2021 Admit Card
- Admit card or E-admission certificate will be issued to a candidate 3 weeks before the commencement of the exam
- Candidates can download their respective admit cards from the official website of UPSC, upsconline.nic.in as well as through this website.
- All the applicants are required to provide valid and active E-Mail I.D. while filling up the Online Application Form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them. UPSC CAPF Exam Admit Card in the month of July 2021.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website