Top MSc Geology universities in India
Geology is the branch of science that deals with the study of the earth and its substances. Geology also involves the study of related areas like environment, history of earth, minerals and so on. There are many universities in India which offer courses in Geology at undergraduate and postgraduate level. In this page, we have listed the top universities offering M.Sc. Geology in India. The Universities listed below are not ranked in any particular order - but these are considered among the best universities for Geology in India.
List of Universities for M.Sc. in Geology
1. Pondicherry University, Pondicherry-605 014
2. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh-202 002
3. University of Delhi, New Delhi -110 007
4. Dr. Harishingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar-3
5. Annamalai University, Annamalainagar-608 025, Tamilnadu
6. Osmania University, Hyderabad-500 007, Andhra Pradesh
7. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi-221 005, Uttar Pradesh
8. University of Pune, Pune-411 007, Maharashtra.
9. Kurukshetra University, Kurushetra, Haryana -136 119
10. Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, Kerala
11. Gulbarga University, Gulbarga - 585 106, Karnataka
12. M.Sc. Marine Geology at Goa University, Taleigao Plateau, Goa- 403 203
13. Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar-143 005, Punjab
14. University of Madras, Chennai-600 005, Tamilnadu
15. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur-721 302, West Bengal.
16. Nagpur University, Nagpur-440 010, Maharashtra
17. Anna University, Guindy, Chennai-600 025, Tamilnadu
18. Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad-826 004
19. Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam- 530 003, Andhra Pradesh
20. University of Roorkee, Roorkee-247 667
21. Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapallu-24, Tamilnadu
22. Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-25
23. MS University of Baroda, Vadodara-390 002, Madhya Pradesh
24. Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur-10, Uttar Pradesh
25. University of Mysore, Mysore-570 005, Karnataka
26. Karnataka University, Dharwad-580 003, Karnataka
27. Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar-751 004, Orissa
The scope of Geology is increasing because of the growing environmental concerns like global warming triggered by pollution and other related issues. After pursuing M.Sc. Geology, the students can apply for jobs in government organizations like Geological Survey of India, Coal India, Oil & Natural Gas Corporation. They can also go for higher education courses like PhD in Geology or apply for teaching positions in colleges and universities.
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here