TNOU PhD Admission 2020, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Tamil Nadu Open University Chennai announces Admission to PhD Programs 2020
TNOU PhD Admission 2020 - Tamil Nadu Open University, Chennai invites applications for admission to the Ph.D. Regular Mode (Full-Time/Part-Time) Category, for the academic January 2020 Admission Session.
Here check out on PhD Admissions 2020. Also look for more info on eligibility, application and dates for Tamil Nadu Open University PhD Admissions 2020
|Last date for Receipt of Application||
23rd December 2019
Conduct of Entrance Examination
06th January 2020
Conduct of Interview
10th January 2020
Uploading of Selection List in the TNOU Website
23rd January 2020
Admission intimation to the Selected Candidates
23rd January 2020
Last date of Admission
31st January 2020
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Ph.D. Major Subjects & No. of Vacancies
- Management Studies-1; Education-19; Non-Formal And Adult Education-4; Economics-2; Continuing Education (Inter Disciplinary)-4; Zoology-4; Botany-4; Chemistry-3; Physics-2; Tamil-4; Electronic Media Studies-1; Geography-2; History-1; Ancient History & Archaeology-3
- Total - 54
- Candidates who have studies under 10+2+3 pattern of education and been awarded a Master’s Degree in the relevant subject or Candidate with Master’s Degree under 10+2+5 pattern of education of any recognized University in India or abroad, or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in such fields of study as notified for the purpose from time to time by the University, with at least 55% marks (50% in the case of SC/ST candidates) (GPA of 5.51 and above in the 10 points scale).
- Qualified in an Entrance Test conducted by Tamil Nadu Open University
- Those candidates having qualified UGC/CSIR (JRF) Examination NET/SET/GATE/Teacher fellowship shall be exempted from appearing in the entrance test.
- As per the UGC Regulations, an Entrance Test and interview will be administered for all the eligible applicants and the performance in the interview will be taken into account along with the marks scored in the PG Program.
- The written test would comprise of objective type of questions for 40% marks and the interview would be conducted for 10% marks.
- The marks secured in written test and interview will be added to the marks obtained in the PG Degree Examination by giving 50% weight age and the rank list will be prepared accordingly.
- Application Fee: Full-Time-500/-; Part-Time-500/-
- Registration Fee: Full-Time-1000/-; Part-Time-1000/-
- Recognition Fee: Full-Time-500/-; Part-Time-500/-
- Tuition Fee (Per Year): Full-Time-12000/-; Part-Time-13000/-
- Library Deposit fee: Full-Time-1000/-; Part-Time-1000/-/-
- Students welfare Fund: Full-Time-200/-; Part-Time-200/-
- Postal Charges: Full-Time-1500/-; Part-Time- 1500/-
- Doctoral Committee Meetings: Full-Time-5000/-; Part-Time- 5000/-
- Total: Full-Time-21,700/-; Part-Time-22,700/-
- Tamil Nadu Open University Fellowship (URF) is available for Full-Time Research Scholars @ Rs. 5000/- per month and annual contingency of Rs.5000/- per annum as per the rules of URF.
- The application can be downloaded from the University Website http://www.tnou.ac.in/
- The applicants should send a Demand Draft for Rs. 500/- (Application cost) along with filled-in application form. The DD should be drawn in favour of ‘Tamil Nadu Open University’ payable at Chennai.
- The applicants need to submit the attested photocopies of the following documents along with the filled-in application form as given below:
- 1. Birth Certificate or S.S.L.C. Certificate (as a proof for date of birth)
- 2. Community Certificate
- 3. SSLC & PUC, HSC, UG, PG and M.Phil. Mark Statements and Convocation Certificates
- Service Certificate and No Objection Certificate in original from the Head of the Institution where the candidate is employed indicating the date of appointment, if the applicants wish to pursue the research programme under part time stream.
- Incomplete late application forms and also application forms with false information, if any will be summarily rejected without any intimation to the candidates concerned.
- Candidates are, therefore, advised to fill in the relevant columns carefully and submit the application form to The Controller of Examinations, Tamil Nadu Open University, No.577, Anna Salai, Saidapet, Chennai - 600 015.
Tamilnadu Open University
- (Established by Act No.27/2002 of the Government of Tamil Nadu), Research Programme Section No.577, Anna Salai, Saidapet, Chennai–600015, Phone: (91-44) 2430 6626. E-mail: email@example.com, Website www.tnou.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India